Thursday, 26 March 2009

Torture of the Lovelorn Sisters

Hey honeybuns. You will be pleased to know (or at least, I hope you will be) that the ultrasound went swimmingly, that there is nothing wrong with my organs, and that I'm back to drinking coffee as if my life depended on it (which it very well may do). The fasting wasn't half as bad as I had feared. Thank you ever so much for your support and your encouraging words. You're all angels.

In my previous post I told you that the love between myself and Rites of Spring had waned. Well, I take it back. I'm still not wildly enthused about the fractional stitching this project involves, but it does look so very good and cheerful and spring like. How can I not love it? Last evening (well, if I'm going to be brutally honest, it was early this morning. Couldn't put it down! Plus, I had some coffee drinking to catch up on and I wasn't finished with that until about two) I finished the entire right half of the sampler and did some work on the left half as well.
Before:


After:

Noah is beckoning, and so is Bea Pot, along with a sampler for a little newcomer to this world, expected around the third of August. Annique, you remember, the friend I'm trying to convert to cross stitchism, is expecting her second child, so obviously I need to stitch the new critter a birth sampler. As if I need an excuse to start something new :o)

I made a list of all you lovelorn Sisters and put it through the Randomizer (to people not familiar with the cross stitch Bloggers' vernacular, this must sound like some vague form of water torture) and here's the order in which you girls can expect to work on Nobody Loves Me, the brilliant design by Moira Blackburn:

Heidi (Needle Necessities)
Kathy A (Kathy's Sit and Stitch)
Barb (Stitching Again)
Jan (The Stitching Ladybug)
Tama (Stitching Daze)
Barbara (Mainely Stitching)
Valerie (FogCity Dweller)
Diane (Ladybug and Bear)
Kathy (Kathy's Stitching and Other Comments)
Karrie (A Thread's Tale)
Anna (Anna's This and That)
Maren (Stitchery Doo's Blog)
Erin (Fairy Tales and French Knots)
Natasha (A Stitcher's Ramblings)
Wendy (Wendy Home at Work)
Julianne (Julianne's Stitching Corner)
Debs (Lavender Rose Ramblings)
Hazel (Quietly Stitching)
Lynda (A Cozy Little Place for Stitching)

Sorry for the lack of clickable links, but this is just an overview of who gets it when. Over the weekend I will try and collect all of your snail mail addresses. As soon as I have all of them, Nobody Loves Me will be on its way to Heidi.

As I'm about to nod off and I still have a stack of dishes to take care of I think I'd better get a move on. Maybe the dishes will wake me up so I can get some stitching done later. Yeah... Right.

Yours caffeinatedly and yet and at the same time drowsily,
Annemarie.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that the ultrasound went OK and that you didn't perish from lack of food (or coffee ;) ) You've made great progress on RoS - it's downhill all the way now!

Deb said...

Glad that the ultrasound went well and you made it through without food and drink (coffee). You're making good progress of Rites of Spring!

Tammy said...

What good news!! Your RoS is looking great!

Melissa said...

Annemarie, I'm so pleased your ultrasound has gone well and caffeine is now back in your life! ;-) I know some things are vital!

RoS is looking great. Sometimes those late night or early morning stitchings are the best! (though we pay for it later)

Take care.

Karen said...

I'm glad that your ultasound was OK and now you can enjoy your coffee again! :)

Your RoS is lovely! Getting close to a finish!

valerie said...

I'm glad your test came back ok. RoS is coming along nicely. I think the pink really makes it pop!

I am like you with coffee...cannot function without! I am very happy to get to stitch on No One Loves Me at some point. I'm #7...yay!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your US went well...
And I'm with you on drinking coffee - it's noncaloric and I can have as much of it I want on this diet...so I induldge...A LOT :)

Rites looks wonderful An, it truly does :)

Anonymous said...

Stitching, coffee, and good test results. Glad things are on the upswing in your world.

Hope Pelle is also feeling more chipper.

Hey, you should have used your coffee to dye your fabrics during your fast!! (Sorry I didn't suggest it sooner. Guess now you'll have to drink it instead.)

Siobhán said...

You're drinking coffee again... all is right with the world. :) I'm so glad to hear that the ultrasound went well & that everything is as it should be.

Love your RoS! You're just zipping along--YGG!

Nicole said...

Hi Annemarie! So glad to hear your ultrasound went fine!

Your progress on Rites of Spring is really pretty! I'm looking forward to our stocking sal! I've got the threads - I just need the fabric now! :)

Sharon said...

Thrilled to hear that the ultrasound went great! ROS is progressing nicely. I'm with you however-fractional stitches are the pits.

Melissa said...

Happy to hear that the ultrasound turned out well. aaaahhhh, coffee. A wonderful thing! Rites of Spring looks great.

Anonymous said...

Wat een goed nieuws dat er geen rariteiten uit de echo zijn gekomen! Voel me zeer vereerd dat je je kostbare en spaarzame borduurtijd gaat besteden aan een borduurwerk voor ons toekomstige frummeltje!!!Ben helemaal ontroerd (of zouden dat de zwangerschapshormonen zijn ;-)). Liefs,
Annique

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the ultrasound was good - what a relief! You're doing great on RoS - I also have an up/down relation with it, and I'm sure we'll be getting along better as I get closer to finishing it.

Nancy said...

Happy to hear all is well, and I'm sure it is a relief!

Rites of Spring is looking very pretty and such great progress. Isn't it amazing what a good cup of coffee can do!

Margaret said...

What a relief to hear that the ultrasound was A-OK. That certainly deserved a huge quantity of coffee in celebration.

RoS looks great. Oh my fractional stitches - how I hate those!! Of course in the end it is all worth it.

Have a great weekend.

Wendy said...

Great news about your ultrasound! And I bet it was such a relief to get in that first coffee.

Sally said...

So glad to hear your ultrasound went well:)

RoS is looking lovely. You've made good progress.

Kathy said...

I don't know what I'd do if they took away my coffee. Maybe commit murder? :) (Sign in my office says "I haven't had my coffee yet. Don't make me kill you." )
Glad to hear all went well with the test.

I'm in the middle of the list but can't wait to do this one. :)

Love your Rite of Spring. The colors, the design, everything. you made great progress on it.

Karoline said...

Glad the ultrasound went well. RoS is looking gorgeous.

Patricia Lessell said...

So pleased the ultrasound went swimmingly. Ok can I change my mind please and be added to the end of the list? Because that way nobody would have to wait for the slowest stitcher on earth to be finished with it and you would get it back. Lots of Love Patti xxx (from one coffee drinker to another)

mainely stitching said...

Well look at you! I wish coffee had that sort of effect on me. Just makes my hands sweaty and shaky if I overindulge. LOL.

Very glad to hear you're doing so well, and very nice to see the results of your overall good-feeling. :D

How's Pelle doing? No spots here as of yet.

:: wee bird :: said...

So glad your test and results came out great!!!
Can you tell how happy I am?!!!!
I think I should start slurping coffee more..I would get more done like you are.
Rites of Spring is looking wonderful..it'll be worth it when it's done.

Katrina said...

Glad your ultrasound went well! Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Thanks for the invite on the stocking stitchalong. Sadly, I have so many projects going right now adding another just isn't in the cards for me. I will just have to enjoy watching your progress :-).

Brigitte said...

So glad to hear that the ultrasound went well and that there's nothing to worry about.
I love Rites of Spring very much and I think "cheerful" is the perfect word to describe it. You made some good progress on it.

Laura said...

It has been awhile since my last visit, but my have you got a lot done! I love your Nobody Loves Me finish! And the tulip cornucopia fob turned out so lovely. As a Blackbird fan, I am going to enjoy your progress of Rites of Spring now.

Hazel said...

Good about the ultrasound. Ha ha there are 17 peeps before me. I said I didn't want to be first. Ya reckon it'll still be in one piece by then??

Angela said...

Been away for a while but glad the health news is good and your back on coffee.

Lovely progress on Rites of Spring.

Damm ... I missed out on the chance to join Nobody Loves Me, teach me to be too busy working to blog!!

Deb said...

Hello, dear friend. I'm glad that ultrasound is behind you and you can put it well out of mind. Your "Rites..." is lovelly. Thanks for adding me to the list for the Moira Blackburn piece...by the time it gets to me, I'll be ready for it!! LOL
Hugs,

Annie Beez said...

"convert to cross-stitchism"!!Ha! Ha! I love that!!!

Anonymous said...

Rites of spring is looking great, I love the Moira blackburn design, can you tell me if this chart is still in print, i remember singing the song when i was little lol