I won’t bore you with an account of what I’ve been doing these last three months - I really couldn’t tell you what I did yesterday, let alone three weeks or moths ago, and besides, who cares, really? It’s the stitching that counts!
Ah yes, stitching... hmmm... well, precious little has happened on that front. Really, incredibly little. Two lengths of thread on this, at most:
Bea Pot. Still lovely after all those years.
Now that I’ve satisfied you lot with some stitchy porn (still pretending to blog about stitching, as you see), here’s what other members of my family have been doing while I was busy doing... whatever it was I was doing. Remember this guy? Isn’t he sweet? And big??
Ooooh, I suddenly remembered what I did during my absence! I put together a brand new Ikea bed for moi and moi alone! Well, and for the cats and the child, of course :o)
And I made a very kitschy hooky blanky for me
And a very fiddly girly princessy blanky for my niece Eline
I never want to crochet a corkscrew border again. Not ever.
Not a very long post, but I just thought I’d dip my toe into bloggy waters again. You know. To see if anyone will bite :o)
Yours having trouble rememberingly,
Annemarie






34 comments:
Helloooo my lovely! Good to see you are still alive and well. Looks like you well and truly have the hooky bug. Great pics and my, hasn't Pelle grown? xx
Welcome back. Pelle is getting so big and it looks like he was enjoying those drums! Really like the blankets and the corkscrew border. The new bed is beautiful and your bedroom looks very serene.
Good to see you back Annemarie, and thank the heavens for Ikea, girls can do it!! LOL.
Your boy has grown into a drummer I see, lovely.
Gorgeous crochet blanket, looks a bit like patchwork from afar, fabulous work, give us an online tuto when you have a spare moment:))
Groetjes
Het ligt niet aan jou, 't ligt aan Blogger. Hij heeft zojuist mijn comment opgeslobberd, rotding. Anyhoo, ik vind je kamer mooi! En je dekentje ook!! En je little drummer boy ook!!!
Welcome back! Its so nice to see a blog post from you and fun looking through all the pictures. It looks like you have been getting lots of colour therapy with all the multi-coloured crocheting. Love it all and love to read your blog posts :-D
Welcome home...I mean back to blog land. You were dearly missed. I love the new bed and your blankies look amazing.
hugs
-missy-
hello again!!! it sure looks good to see you back in blogland. Pelle looks great and big! He enjoys his blanket, I see.
You're out of your mind thinking about making a corkscrew border. It takes at least 3 months... ;-) we can see where you were busy with.
Pelle is a darling boy :)
As is your sweet blankies and that gorgeous bed! Good going you!
It's good to see you posting again! I love all the projects you've shown. That bit of knitting in front of your cat -- ooooh! Gorgeous! And the crochet, and the xs too! Such lovely colors! Hope you're doing well despite the busyness.
hello dear, beautiful stitching..it is a very lovely project..
beautiful picture of your boy and kitty..i love the warm blanky..they area ll so beautiful.,.
stunning bedroom..keep wll dear..
lots of love and big hugs for you xx
I've been thinking of you!! As a matter of fact, your horribly overdue birthday gift is sitting in my dining room. I bought it in time, but you know how bad I am about posting things.
Wow, Pelle's huge! He's so handsome, too! And your blankets - oh my gosh! If you start making them on commission, you let me know!!!
Miss you lots. Take care.
the ikea bed is so girly pretty, good job-i hate putting together Ikea stuff. I do love stitching pieces that i still like years after starting them.
Nice to see you resurface! Your blankets are very pretty, and so is your stitching. Happy Sinterklaas!
Well that corkscrew border was worth it nonetheless. Glad you're back!
Hey you! I've missed you -- Pelle is so big ~ hope the holidays find you in good spirits. LOVE that bed - enjoy.
Tanya :)
I adore this post! Pelle is enormous--since when is he so tall?? :D Looks like he has been getting up to some great activities lately.
A Pantoef Photo! Would believe that your turned-down ikea basket (and its delicious contents) are neck-and-neck with him in my affections (this photo, at least! Beautiful style; I adore your linens here (some of them I recognize as ikea favorites on my wishlist), but most of all the gorgeous blanket you are crocheting! What a gorgeous palette! Overall, great styling!
Wonderful other blankets as well.
Thinking of you a bit recently (a question I wanted to ask you, or maybe something I saw which made me wonder what you would "say" about it.) Great to see a post from you!
Lovely to hear from you! I have been missing your blogs. Beautiful bedroom! and I love the blanket you made for yourself!
Debra in NC
Well, since you can't remember how to post to your blog and I can't remember how to comment on said blog, I'd say we're in the same boat. No matter that it's drifting aimlessly. We'll get somewhere eventually. :-)
I have been sticking my toe back into the cross stitching waters again, and I've even toyed with the notion of posting about my progress (YES, there is some!) on my own blog. SHOCK! Of course, I haven't done it yet, so until I figure how to update my blog by focused thought alone, it may be a while. [sigh]
Glad to see that you're still doing stitching of some sort, even if it's not of the cross stitch variety. And while building a bed doesn't quite count in the craft category, it still made for good blog pictures. Nicely done, Annemarie! (I love IKEA! Just wish I lived closer to one.)
Now I'm going to hit "return" and see if I can get this comment to show up. . . .
Missed you too!! Welcome back. Looks like you crochet fingers have indeed been very busy.
And Pelle - wow has he grown.
Hay-looooo! Good to see you, there! Ah, you've been growing a lovely, tall boy there... and making some divine blankies... stitching a thread or two... making a sweet resting space! All great things. I'd like to know if the blanket in the previous post, the Sarah Harris colorful one, has a design name. I keep saying I'm going to learn, and it looks like it could be one to learn. If you were recommending for a beginner, would this be among them?
Missed you! So glad to see you back. I love the new boudoir you've spruced up for yourself. The two crocheted blankets are lovely! And Bea Pot is looking pretty - glad she got a bit of attention.
Nice to see you pop your head up in here with an update.
Happy Holidays!!!!
There you are! Good to see you here. Love the blankies. The corkscrew border is so fabulous, I wish I could feel it.
Always good to hear from you! Don't be such a stranger! Boys are more important than stitching. I'm totally in love with my 6yr old grandson. :)
Bait worked. Definitely biting, you see.
:-)
Pelle is getting so big!! Lovely stitching and crocheting! The bed looks great, too.
The blankets are gorgeous, congratulations. Love the photo's of Pelle & the furballs
OMGosh! You can't believe how simply awesome it is to try your blog one more time and to actually fine you here!!! YAY! I've missed you so much, An!
Beautiful clicking and stitchin' of afghans...but mostly you look well, Pelle looks toooo big and boyish, and your bedroom looks the pinkish haven.
God, I wish wishes were horses so beggars could ride...or that they were flying horses so I could fly there to visit with you for Christmas. Since I can't, please catch this wish for a very joyful weekend and all the very most blessings a 2012 can bring.
Love and hugs,
Deb/LavenderRose
now a faithful reader and reviewer at my other blog, too http://abookishlibraria.blogspot.com
It's always great to see a post from you - although it has taken me a while to comment on it, lol. These blankies look gorgeous and I love the "kitschy" one that you made for your room - at least I think so as the colours match perfectly.
I love Pelle's picture in front of his drums. And I wish you and him a Happy New Year!
You have certainly been busy and your post is so inspiring. So many beautiful things to make out there and you're doing some lovely pieces.
Hoi Annemarie,
Ik heb de Liebster Blog Award aan je doorgegeven, omdat ik altijd zo geniet van je verhalen en je humor.
Veel plezier ermee.
Groetjes, Anne Marieke
Love your new bed and your hooked treasures! Isn't IKEA simply the best!?
So you know it's May now right? I think it's almost time for another post from you ;)
I hope everything is well with you!! I've been a slow blogger myself, trying to get back in the habit...
Beutiful blankets :)! But I have some trouble reading your font, or maybe I'm just getting old ;)
Post a Comment