Monday, 27 October 2008

Digression

Even though I have ZERO inspiration to write, I thought I'd spoil you with a little blog post. Of course I couldn't let another day go by without thanking you for all the positive vibes and good thoughts I felt hurtling my way during the whole of last week. I think they may have helped me enormously, though I can't be sure until the judge makes her decision on November 5th. So keep these good vibes coming.
I have three people to thank specifically in this post. That's the reason why I'm posting in the first place. I have so much to show and tell you that you may want to reserve some time in the next couple of days to spend with me, because I have at least two more blog posts planned. But I digress. In the last month or so I decided to try my luck and participate in some blog pressie give-aways. I have never won anything in my entire life (except for a photo shoot at the most horrendously old-fashioned photographer's studio you can imagine. I only entered the drawing because I pitied the poor photographer, thinking that he would surely not find any names to draw. His photos were that awful. Indeed, as I suspected, there must have been only one name to draw because I WON). But I digress. Again. Okay, I never win anything... except these blog pressie give-aways! Four of them! I think I know how this came about. You all felt sorry for me, didn't you, with me being ill and Pelle having the sneezles too, and then you ran your list of entries through the online randomizer and clicked the 'randomize again' button until my name was at the top of the list. That's how I did my list of 'Things to stitch in 2009', until I had an order of charts I could work with. Anyway, I digress. Randomized or not, I won 4 blog prizes, one of which (Rachel's) has not arrived yet, but the others have and so here is a list of my three favourite people at the moment:

1.) Anna, aka the Stitch Bitch (who is actually surprisingly un-bitchy, if you ask me. Sorry girlfriend!), sent me this to die for pumpkin fob for her monthly blogaversary give-away. Isn't it the niftiest? I love the green fabric Anna used for the backing. She must have skinned Kermit the Frog alive in order to achieve this look, and it was worth it. It totally rocks, Anna, thank you!


2.) KarenV, who gave away Ann Grimshaw on her blog a couple of weeks ago. She says she likes this chart, but it's so huge she can't see herself stitching it. Now that I've seen it, Karen, I'm not so sure I could start and finish this one myself in this lifetime, but once Beatrix Potter is finished (after I've started, obviously), this will be my next Quaker. Apparently Karen memorized my wish list, because she remembered that I coveted The Glory Sampler by La-D-Da, so she threw that one in as well. Thanks, Karen!


3.) Nancy, who sent La-D-Da's Zippity Do Da and included four fabulous Vikki Clayton silks. I love the chart (that's why I entered the drawing) and I'm in love with the silks, which I have never used, beheld or sniffed before. Thank you, Nancy! I'm thinking of a way to use Zippity for my Me, Myself & I Neighbourhood. The chart is surprisingly big, but I could stitch it over one...


But I digress, because that's a subject for one of my next blog posts. Until then, I hope you stay warm, dry and healthy.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi An!
Sorry to be a stranger. Please know that I think about you and the other sweet Neighborhood stitchers a lot.
You won some awesome things there! Anna lives pretty close to me, about an hour away and we haven't met yet.

staci said...

Hurray for blog prizes!!! You've won some fabulous goodies :)

You know, I never won anything either~~till I started winning some blog prizes. Now I can't say that, lol!

Anna van Schurman said...

Nope. I randomized one time before I went to kill Kermit. Also, I only pretend to be nice. You do not want to cross me. Also, you can ask my students from 1991-1999. All will tell you, "she's a bitch." (By which they mean hard grader who expects hard work.)

Nancy said...

It looks like your luck may be changing winning four giveaways! Enjoy your beautiful pumpkin fob and your charts, and enjoy Zippity Do Daing through your silks!

Kathy A. said...

Nice giveways. I am so happy that you have won!!! Glad that you and Pelle are feeling better. Those positive vibes are still travelling your way.

Glenna said...

Many good thoughts, vibes etc. coming your way (and please feel free to use the extra vibes to clear out those sinuses). Lovin' the pictures of everything, especially the Goode Huswife in the previous post. But Ann Grimshaw? Oh, my. Please do as I would, and start it today! A procrastinator's dream.

Wendy said...

Some lucky wins for you! I'm sure its a sign of good luck coming your way.

Hazel said...

Woot!! Lucky lucky you! Great prizes. xx

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a collection of good luck!! You deserve every ounce of it my dear. The Kermit comment upset me a bit though........We have a skill in beginner gymnastics called "Skin The Cat" and I just can't bring myself to call it that so I make up another name and totally confuse the kids.

Carol said...

Wow- you have been spoiled, but you do deserve it. I pray all went well for you?? {{{HUGS}}}

mainely stitching said...

I agree with Carol's comment, that you deserve it! I have been so glad to see your name coming up all over the place for give-away wins. :D

I hope you and your moppet, who is getting really awfully grown-up looking in your recent pictures, are doing well and staying healthy. See you soon! :D

Margaret said...

No one could be more deserving of these wonderful prizes.

Will keep those positive vibes sailing your way.

Tot zondag... want... dan... IS ER EEN JARIG, HOERA!!! HOERA!!!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Annemarie! Your posts brighten up my day and I'm glad that you were the lucky winner of AG and GS :) And I only pressed the randomize button once too ;)

Melissa said...

Annemarie, it sounds like things have not been easy for you and Life has rewarded you with these lovely goodies! Hooray! Will keep sending these zen vibes your way. Take care.

Anneke said...

enjoy your presents! wow!

keep my fingers crossed for next week

Anonymous said...

Aha! Now I know who I was competing against for all of those giveaways! LOL! Seriously, the spoils could not have gone to a better stitcher!!

Can't wait to see your finish on Ann Grimshaw . . .

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that you have been extremely lucky in the ol' bloggie give aways of late :)
HURRAY FOR YOU!!! All good stuff!!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful gifts, I love the pumpkin fob!

Michelle said...

Wow - such lovely things!!! That Ann Grimshaw is huge!