Monday, 31 August 2009

Preparing for Fall

My blogging holiday lasted a little longer than my real life holiday due to some serious cocooning. Really, I've cocooned my socks off, hoping that when I crawled out of my cocoon the world would be covered in a deep layer of red and brown autumn leaves. In spite of my best efforts I now have to face up to the fact that this small country is preparing for another scorcher. Sigh. Twenty two more days until Fall. And this is how we're preparing:


Pantoef practicing to become a witchy cat. I think his efforts are paying off.

Wicked, a freebie by Primitive Betty's, stitched on 28 count Week's Dye grey/straw fabric with CC Hickory Sticks and GA Maple (because I ran out of Hickory). I stuffed the pillow with birch shavings, which gives it a heavenly smell.

I'm also enjoying an ardent love affair with Salem Remembered by The Primitive Needle. This is the work of two weeks, and I'm picking up speed, so maybe I will actually get this done before Halloween (of this year!):


Some of you commented on the absence of Pelle pictures. Have no fear, I haven't forgotten about him now that Pantoef runs this household. Here's the Pel enjoying a gluten-free pancake, looking cheerful and sweet and not at all wicked:


Yours cocooningly,

Annemarie.

22 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi there! No way! We are going to have autumn if it kills us and very soon...lol. I got out of the car at Cranberry Cottage the weekend before last and the first thing I said to Jos is breath in. It was the first time we smelled autumn in the woods. It is coming and fast. And of course, I found toadstools in the woods so the gnomes have arrived fro autumn too.

Did you enjoy being up in Drenthe? And Pelle? I just love it up north. I heard you visited Annemiek's shop. I must admit I have been very bad there. Uh humm...stash diet???

I love your Halloween projects. Wicked turned out great. I have it printed out and ready to stitch but am also working on a design from TPN that I really want done in time for Halloween.

Pelle is adorable in the photo enjoying his pannenkoek. Is it becoming easier to find them now gluten-free?

Hugs ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi, welcome back! I love your finish (isn't that gingham linen just wonderful?) and the Salem WIP - and what a lovely picture of Pelle, thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

Nice to have you back.

The Salem project looks great.
A different filling for your cushion.

Could you send your hot weather over here please. We are already having cold night's and the arthriis is returning to my shoulder so I'd love to hang onto the heat for a little longer. Although I love the colours of Autumn.

mainely stitching said...

It sounds like autumn today, with the wind rushing through the (browning) leaves of the trees surrounding the house.

Love the pics of your sweet boys! :D And that Wicked finish is SUPERB! :D

Kathy A. said...

Whohoo!!!! A finish to celebrate. Nice progress on your new piece. It is clipping right along.
Love the photos of Panteof and Pelle. He looks so happy in that one and very angelic lol.
Actually had a quiet weekend for a change and I stitched my fingers off. The needles were smoking!!

Linen Stitcher said...

From the looks of all you've accomplished, I'd say you take your cocooning very seriously! Thanks for the cute Pelle picture. He certainly has a very engaging smile!!

As for fall, well, we'll know it has truly arrived when you include pumpkin harvest pictures. Hope you have a bumper crop this year!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Hi,
I'm in North Ga. and craving Fall. I can't wait for it. I took this week off to coccoon too. A Staycation sort of thing. So, besides cleaning out alot of stuff, I will have extra stitching time too.
Love your blog. Your cat pic is funny! I have one too named Thomas and maybe that's what's wrong with his little curious self lately--getting ready for Halloween! LOL

Jennifer

http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

Such an adorable picture of Pelle, and Panteof is cute as well! Your Wicked turned out very nice. It is still warm where we live too, and I keep my fingers crossed that Mother Nature will soon send us some Autumn weather.

Jennifer said...

Feels like Autumn here today, rather then the last day of August. A rousing 58F. Love your lastest needlework, especially "Salem Remembered". Panteof certainly looks like he's taken his proper place and the rest of you have fallen into your submissive roles accordingly. All is right with the World.

Kathy said...

Your stitching looks fabulous! Love the Salem remembered piece.
I also love the kitty pic. He is a handsome little devil.
But, of course, Pelle is even more handsome. :)

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Ronel said...

Dear Annemarie. I am new to your blog. Love your stitching! BUT that Pantoof is just to cute for words!!

Kindest Regards Ronel, Cape Town, South Africa

doris said...

Hope your vacation was wonderful. It's nice to see you back in blogland.

Love your new projects.

Von said...

You can sense a change of season in the air here. Temperatures are still up there during the day, but it's cooling off more at night. It's a lovely time of year! Of course, maybe I'm feeling that as my three boys have just caught the school bus for the first day of school and I'm enjoying a few minutes of peace, lol.

Hugs to you and Pelle!

Jan said...

Lovely pics, all of them! I hope and think that autumn will be early this year!

Katrina said...

Love your pictures and congrats on the finish. Your kitty is so cute.

Glad to see you posting again too :-).

Cindy said...

Hope you had a wonderful vacation. Your Halloween projects are fabulous!

Both of your little guys are so cute :)

Melissa said...

Nice to see both photos of the cuties. Panteof looks like a perfect witchy cat actually, a new variation on black!

We are having what may be called an Indian Summer here - lovely, but fall is definitely not too far off!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. C'mon, let's be happy this is a loooong summer. Although days are getting shorter, which I do not find enjoyable at all... Glad to read your household seems to be having a good time. A bientôt.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and your work is gorgeous! Will enjoy following along with joy! Pantoef, will definately be expert by Halloween! (soo cute!)

(by the way....what is an ORT?)

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to see Pelle and Pantoef, both looking rested and relaxed after the holidays! Cocooning is a great idea, I think I will do some of that in the not too distant future.

Anneke said...

hi there! no fall here yet, but the stormy winds and the rains make me feel like it.

no cocooning here, though it sounds wonderful. i think i declare today cocooning day.

good luck with picking up your translating pen...
Pelle looks happy, is he completely used to Pantoef yet? And off to school I suppose?

Deb said...

Pelle and Panof are such wonderful companions, who wouldn't want to cocoon!? Your Halloweenies are to die for...:] But, don't!! I think Panof is very alert to the ghoulies and goblins with those big ears, you should have some smooth sailing this Halloween! I love little Pelle's sweater and his happy face. Keep up your good work all around, dear An. You're always on my heart and mind.
Love you,
Deb