Saturday, 22 January 2011

Mummy time

Thank you all for your encouraging and sweet comments on my last. My post turned out a lot grumpier than I had planned, so here's a little something about nothing, to cheer you up a bit. Some of you have asked how I handle the mother of all BAPs, the Blue Lady? Well, here's how:

*Colourful, much?*

And my current favourite beverage to go with it. Fresh mint tea.

*Yum*

I sincerely hope your weekend will be as relaxing as mine.

Yours cocooningly,
Annemarie.

15 comments:

Tanya said...

Be still my heart - I ADORE, COVET, LOVE, WANT your cup and saucer. LOL I collect Polish pottery and that really should reside with me. LOL Enjoy your mummy time, Girlie. You deserve it!

Tanya

Margaret said...

I think your last post wasn't grumpy at all. Just a mother being worried about her son, which is how it should be.

I love your stitching area! So clever how you handle that big project! And the mint tea! Oh yum! I love the cup and saucer -- so pretty! I can't always get mint at the store. And I'm lousy with plants. lol! Maybe one of these days I'll try to grown some herbs.

Anna van Schurman said...

Blue Lady isn't so much a project as a PRODUCTION! My biggie--the marquoir--is dealt with in hand. I guess it's not that large.

Melissa said...

re the last post...what Margaret said.

It's nice to see your stitching corner (so I have named it). Yeah, I would call the Blue Lady big too.

As to the fresh mint tea - interesting. I will have to try that this summer.

Enjoy your cocooning!

Bertie said...

It's good to be grumpy now and then :))

I do love the way you stitch that enormous blue lady, very inventive.

Tea looks wonderful!, and the pottery is gorgeous.
Have good weekend.

barbara said...

Haven't seen fresh mint in the store just lately, but that is a very refreshing drink. :D

Your post, as others have said, wasn't grumpy - concerned, worried, frustrated, sure. And who wouldn't be under the circumstances? No apologies needed.

The Blue Lady is such a labor of love. I'm delighted to see you're working on it! :D

Giovanna said...

That mint tea looks wonderful! Enjoy the lady's company, and yes I plan to relax too...

the striped rose said...

That looks very soothing!

Beth said...

It's okay to rant a bit as long as you feel better afterward - I watch your Blue Lady progress and applaud your efforts!

Jan said...

Annemarie~ I wanted to stop by and give you a hollar...I had missed reading and seeing your last post. I don't see any grumpiness, just a loving mother trying to do her best by her child. Just so sorry you are having to go through these times, and I will keep you in my prayers, with your permission, of course.

Love your little getaway, hope it is relaxing and energizing at the same time!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Cindy said...

Wow! That is one giant floor stand!

I don't think that you were being grumpy at all :)

Katrina said...

I didn't think you were even a little grumpy!!! Love your stitching area and Polish pottery :-).

Deb said...

I missed your last post so went back and read it and I don't think that you were grumpy at all. Just dealing with all the things that you have to - and with flair I might add.

I like your set up for stitching your Blue Lady. That's such a great piece and can't wait to see your finish on it!

Heidi said...

I am totally surprised to see you drinking tea. Are you reformed now from all that coffee? That is one big construction to work on Blue Lady. How far along is she now? I think staying inside stitching or crocheting or quilting is the best activity there is for these wet and rainy Dutch winters. I long for the snow of November and December again...you too?

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

Michelle said...

Love the set up for Blue Lady! And mmmm fresh mint tea!