Today is the first day of 'our' CHS Stocking SAL. Some of you (Linen's rather panicky comment to my last post leaps to mind) have been wondering if we were supposed to post an update pic today. My dears, you're not supposed to do anything. This is just for fun and for inspiring each other. I'm posting an update pic (and I use the word 'update' in the most circumspect manner possible) because I had started my stocking already and I made some progress since my last picture appeared on this here blog. If you're interested in following the progress in this SAL, I put a list of participants in my sidebar, so you can go and visit everybody. If you're participating and your name's not on the list, please leave a comment so I can put it right. Or if you're on the list and you have no business there, you can let me know as well :o)
Okay. Time for some progress:
As you can see, I added a butterfly and a tuft on a bird's head. Pretty impressive, huh?
Lack of progress is due to lack of health. My stitching gland (obviously situated north of my midriff because everything there is inflamed, swollen, filled with mucus, snot and other excretions) is malfunctioning. BUT, that doesn't mean I don't have other things to show you, because I've been to the framer's and picked up the things I had framed two weeks ago. YAY!
Here's my Button Tree
Give Thanks; from the April 2007 issue of Cross Country Stitching Magazine. I used the recommended DMC threads, but I changed the words.
And Rites of Spring
Rites of Spring by Blackbird Designs; stitched on 30 ct Irish Creme by R&R Reproductions with recommended GA and WDW threads
And Baby Bug Ball
Baby Bug Ball by Shepherd's Bush; stitched on 32 ct Light Sand Belfast linen with the recommended Thread Gatherer, Gloriana and Au Ver A Soie threads
I had Rites of Spring framed immediately because... well, it's Spring. And it looks soooo good (she said humbly).
Baby Bug Ball is a piece I finished in 2004. It was supposed to be Pelle's birth sampler. At the time he was born though, the colours of his room were red, yellow and blue, and BBB looked woefully out of place. Now that his walls are a neutral white I thought I'd have it framed. It was such an immense joy to stitch this sampler, with the luscious silks and the delicate stitches. Makes me wonder why I never stitch Shepherd Bush designs anymore... Uh-oh.
The Button Tree and Rites of Spring were to go on my sampler wall, but when I held them up to find the right spot I noticed there wasn't one. Although I think the blue frame is good for RoS, it looks rather light and insignificant when surrounded by samplers in dark frames. Now when I took it into my bedroom, it just came alive. The curtains are blue and the rest is white and it looked just perfect there. The Button tree is on my folksy wall. I'll show you a picture some time soon.
A note to my Lovelorn Sisters: I'm still one address short, but I've decided not to wait any longer. Nobody Loves Me will be on its way to Heidi on Saturday.
Now I'm off to rest my weary bones. Oh, thanks so much for your thoughts on the literary Friendship Sampler. When I read your suggestions of stitching the names of my heroines over one, all I could think was 'DUH!' Why, oh why didn't I think of that myself? Duh. Duh. DUH.
Yours duhly,
Annemarie.
26 comments:
We need to find a shaman to get you better. They do that, right? Maybe there's one here on some trade for one of those crazy Dutch shows about the Rimbue or whatever. ;) It's bad enough that you've been unwell for so long, but if it's going to affect your stitching mojo in an adverse fashion ... we've just got to get serious about it!
Seriously, I wish you were better. All better, leaping about and enjoying the fine spring weather. With Pelle. And those cute bunnies down the road. :D
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Hope you feel better again soon. Love all your framed pieces, don't you find that after you've stitched and decided where they are to go once framed, they, (the newly framed pieces) have a mind of their own and just need to be put in a totally different place, I know it happens to me a lot LOL!
Your framed items are fabulous! Picking up things from the framer is like getting a gift, except for the fact that we have to pay for it.
I keep sending feel-better vibes in your direction, but they don't seem to be working. I'll keep sending.
Those framed pieces are magnificent! Love them all. Hope you feel better soon. Love and Hugs Patti xxx
Such wonderful items from the framer. Again, my "cheapness gene" does not allow me to do such things. Just loving your SAL. It gives me just enough of a gentle push to get me going. I must admit I cheated though and started my stocking over the Easter weekend.
Any progress is better than no progress at all, and Noah looks wonderful.
Wow, your framed pieces are gorgeous! I love your choice of frame for each one. I notice that my samplers always decide where they will hang when they are framed. I wonder if that happens to all of us.
Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!
I love getting pieces back from the framers! Yours are gorgeous!!
Can't wait to see your stocking grow even more! It's going to be sooo cute!!
I hope you feel better very soon Annemarie!!
Love, love, love, your framed pieces, especially Baby Bug Ball. Okay, I'm feeling inspired, I'll be pulling threads for Noah in the morning and I will have some progress to post next Thurday. This no pressure stitch along will be good for me. I'm excited!!
I hope that you get to feeling better. I know that you're a coffee girl but maybe a nice hot cup of tea w/ lemon and sugar will do the trick.
Mary
The framed pieces are beautiful! We all get into the not-stitching mode. I have this week. I hope you feel better soon!
Any progress is progress in my book :) Your framed pieces look wonderful~~are you running out of wall space yet and need to send a few my way???
Goodness sakes girl...I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. Sending you lots of healing thoughts and good wishes {{hugs}}
An, You are in dire need of a "Neddy Pot" or Netty Pot..however one says it. Dr. Oz of Oprah fame swears by them. They'll clear your head right up!! It's an old fashioned head cold remedy from 100 years ago that really works. I think I may have to go out to see if I can find you one!! :] As to your stitching: that Baby Bug Ball is the nuts! So darling. And so is Rites. I'm very interested in your Literary sampler...tell me more! Hugs, Deb
Oh girl, you totally crack me up! After I read the first line of your post and went back to the title, to read it as you directed, I had to laugh out loud! You're too much :-)
Your Noah stocking is coming along swimmingly...remember...he didn't build that ark in a day, so you won't be able to either!
I'm sorry you're still feeling bad...that sucks! I'm sending feel better vibes your way...do you feel them??
Your framed finishes are FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!! I love them all!
You make me want to haul out my Baby Bug Ball and "get 'er done"!
So baby bug hugs to you! LOL!
xoxo
Ooooh, mooi, mooi, mooi!! Rites of Spring is móóóói!!
I would LOVE to participate in the Stocking SAL, but I am entering the obsessive must-stitch-things-for-framing-this-summer mode that I get into when we talk about heading to the US. I will follow along and maybe jump in later, just for solidarity and all. ;) Noah is coming along great!
Your framing--WOW!! I hear you on the SB. I don't stitch them any more either but then I see somebody's finish and wonder why I stopped. All the frames you chose are perfect for the pieces. YGG! Hope you're feeling better soon.
I absolutely love your Noah stocking coming together there An...and your framing...LOVELY!
It all looks SUPER ;)
Oh I love all of your framed pieces, how lovely they all are! Especially Rites of Spring (wink!). And your stocking looks great too, however little you think you've done on it Ha! compared to some of my WIPs... oh, never mind. I hope you'll be better soon and get your stitching mojo back.
Happy to see all your framed lovelies are back home so they can bring you joy and comfort as you take care of yourself!! Did you get those last four words? Thought so. :)
Your framed pieces look gorgeous Annemarie! I can't believe you've got RoS framed already though ;)
Any progress is progress - I managed one letter on my stocking today, so I think your butterfly and tuft are just fine :)
I do hope you feel better soon, you're having a rough time of it lately. Take care!
Your framed pieces look so so beautiful. It must be a very specila feeling when you find the perfect spot for them on the wall. I know I should know that but all my bigger finished pieces are still resting in a drawer and none is hanging on a wall.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well. But I hope you'll soon be on the mend.
I hope you feel better soon {{{Annemarie}}}
all your framing looks lovely, congratulations
Oh wow! I thought you had the reputation for NOT finishing things??? These look absolutely perfect and gorgeous and very inspiring. Hope you feel better soon. x
Wow Annemarie your framed pieces are so lovely, REALLY they are all so nice and good news BBB will go in Pelles room now for you both :)
I hope things drastically improve for you in the health dept south of your midriff sounds a bit of a nightmare ! Good news that the stitching gland is only suffering minor malfunctions ;-) Hope that fixes soon too !!
Take care (((hugs))) from England
Your framed pieces look fantastic. Baby Bug Ball is so cute (this is on my wish list), as is Button Tree, and Rites of Spring is gorgeous. While you didn't make as much stitching headway as you'd like, at least you made some. Hope you are feeling better soon, being ill as long as you've been it would be hard to be motivated to do anything.
Sue
Great progress on Noah - I'm waiting for linen to start my stocking. Hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow. Your framing is beautiful. I really need to get some things framed myself. I guess I'd just rather be stitching! LOL! :)
Framed pieces are gorgeous! Your wip is looking good! I hope that stuff will be gone soon and you feel better!
Post a Comment