Monday, 23 November 2009

Dear all,

My family and I have just heard that my father has incurable cancer. I don't know how I will feel in a couple of days, but for now, I can't see myself blogging or stitching any time soon. I'll be too busy keeping very close to everyone I love and to Papa in particular. Who knew your heart could actually, physically ache?

Please love your loved ones with all your might, before it's too late.

Annemarie.

72 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, Annemarie, I am so, so sorry! I hope you and Pelle get to spend some quality time with your father. I'll keep you in my thoghts.

Giovanna said...

I'm so sorry, Annemarie. Hugs to you all. You'll be in my thoughts.

Barb said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself and your little one. Hugs.

Tanya said...

Oh Annemarie - I'm thinking of you dear friend.

Love,
Tanya

Carol R said...

My thoughts are with you and your family Annemarie.

staci said...

Oh Annemarie. This is really terrible...just horribly unfair. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Enjoy every precious minute you have with your Papa. {{{HUGS}}}

Katrina said...

Annemarie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you all in my prayers. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Oh Annemarie, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You and your family are in my thoughts - take care {{{{Hugs}}}}

Jennifer said...

Oh my God Annemarie, what can I do to help you? You have always been there for me with all my petty problems and complaints. This is just heartbreaking news and I wish I could be there with you to take some of the pain away.

Glenna said...

Oh, no, Annemarie. I'm sending you and Pelle a big hug and one for your dad as well. Know we're all thinking of you.

Sandy said...

I am soooo sorry to hear about your father. I too have lost both parents and parents-in-law. But the solace comes from knowing they have been a wonderful part of your life, have helped mold you into what you are today and someday will be looking in on you from the heavens above.

And the desire to stitch will come again as you will need the peace that comes with each stitch.

Sandy

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to your family. I'll be keeping special thoughts of all of you.

Stitcher said...

((((hugs))))

missy said...

Oh AnneMarie, my heart breaks for you. I pray that you and your family will be blesse with the time you have left with your poppa and that his time remaining will be blessed with love and laughter and memeories to last a lifetime for all of you.

My most heartfelt love to you.

-missy-

DonnaTN said...

What awful news! I'm so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anna van Schurman said...

(((((Annemarie)))))
You and your papa are in my thoughts.

Linen Stitcher said...

Oh, Annemarie! What difficult news . . . My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father and family.

Sheila said...

So sorry.
((( HUGS )))

Sylvia said...

Annemarie, I faithfully read your blog but have never commented, but wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you during the hard time. Don't forget to lean on those who care about you as you and your family go through this difficult time.

Marjorie said...

I'm so sorry Annemarie. Every girl needs her dad no matter what her age. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Please know you are in my thoughts.

Mary Eman

Anonymous said...

Please know you are in my thoughts.

Mary Eman

Angela said...

Such sad news. Treasure every moment you can possibly have with him.

Jinger said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

Berit said...

Oh, how smiley I was to see a post from you pop up in my reader, but then sorrrowful to read news like this. We are all thinking of you with love and best wishes.

If (and only if) you need a moment to think on lighter matter by way of a break, stop in at my blog for a *small* giveaway you can enter; (skip past my chatter 'till you see the monochrome stitched samplers at the bottom).

Heidi said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. Spend each moment you can with him now. I have been in your exact spot years ago with my own father. I cherish the moments we spent together in his last months. I am only a phone call away if you need me my friend!

Comfort hugs ~
Heidi

Theresa said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

((Hugs))

Karin said...

Annemarie,
I am sorry to hear this. It was only at the beginning of October I got the same news about my dad. I know what you are going through right now and the pain you are feeling. I lost my dad on October 28 and the only thing I can say now is spend as much time together and share memories. I am still very glad I flew to the Netherlands when I got the news and am gratefull for that time we spend together.

Karin in Chicago

Susimac said...

Very sad news (((HUGS))) to you all, you are all in my thoughts x

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you are able to spend every moment you possibly can with him and your family.

Anonymous said...

Having lost two close family members to terminal cancer, I understand the sheer devastation you are feeling, and I also understand that horrible heart ache. Mine is aching for you. Hold tight and cherish every moment. I know you will. Thinking only my best thoughts and prayers for your Papa, your family and you.
Words are just inadequate and these that I have left seem especially inadequate, but know that my best intentions remain with you.

doris said...

I'm so terribly sorry to hear your news. I hate that anyone ever has to find out about heartache.

Margaret said...

Dit is zo erg voor jullie. Houdt moed en geniet van elk moment dat je met hem hebt.

veel liefs van Margaret

Raven/Missy said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{AnneMarie}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry to hear this! I will keep your family in my prayers.

Daffycat said...

Oh Annemarie, I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family. My heart aches with yours. *hugs*

Robin said...

So sorry to read of your sad news. The most important thing you can do it to give your time to your family. Stitching may prove therapeutic while waiting at doctor's offices and during treatment sessions. Learn all you can from your father; ask him questions about his youth, his family, about history of your town and things he has seen. You will treasure those things. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura said...

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I am praying for you, your family and especially your Dad. Take good care of yourself. I hope you can feel all of the cyber hugs that are coming your way.

Sharon said...

Oh Annemarie, many thoughts and prayers for you and your family. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family.

Debra NC

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Annemarie! Your dad is such a great guy. Didn't he make the scroll frame for you, or fixed it? Whatever, I'm sure he's a great papa.

A big Hug to you and your family.

DebbieSFL said...

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dianne said...

Thinking about you and your papa.

Rowyn said...

I'm very sorry to read your sad news Annemarie. Sending hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

Dear Annemarie,
Shocking news. I went through this 8 years ago - I was inconsolable. But your beloved Papa will need to see you strong and smiling, and supportive to your Mum.
It will be tough. I'll be thinking of you and Pelle and the rest of your family.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear this. I will keep you and my family in my thoughts.

Hugs!

Siobhán said...

Annemarie, I am so, so sorry. There are no words, just know that my thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you & your family as you deal with this devastating blow. Don't worry about blogging... we'll be here when you can manage it, and understand when you can't. Big hugs.

Cheryl said...

Like Vonna has just written, words seem inadequate at this time. I am so sad for you. Praying for you and your papa xx

Kathy said...

Annemarie, I am so very sorry to hear your awful news. My heart goes out to you and your family. It isn't yet a year since I lost my Mom so I feel your pain. Spend as much time with your Papa as you can. Make many memories to cherish. I hope and pray that you find the stength to help your Mom and be strong for your Papa.

anneke said...

I can't say nothing more than everyone else: I'm very sorry to read about your dad. It's the saddest news to hear.
Hugs and prayers for you ..and your loved ones.

Denise said...

May God bless you and all your family...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, Annemarie. Spend as much time with him as you can, and ask all those unasked questions while you can. I lost my dad this summer, and I miss him every day.

Von said...

Our family has suffered through the news of a diagnosis of cancer that ultimately took the life of our loved ones. Devastation, we know it well.

Spend all the time you can with your dear father, love on him and your mom. Know that your friends are holding you all up in prayer, sending loving thoughts your way.

Coni said...

Dearest Annemarie, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry. Please allow all of the love we're sending to wash over you and give you peace.

Coni

glamlawlib said...

Very sorry to read about your father, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Wendy said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending {{{hugs}}}

lena-lou said...

Hi there Dearest Annemarie _ I am so, so sorry to know you and your family have received such devastating news (Su told me today). My heart goes out to you !!

You will all be in my prayers and thoughts love Helen xx

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry Annemarie - and yes it's a sad thing to learn that the heart really does ache with real pain. Sending you hugs and prayers for your family.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Karoline said...

{{{{Annemarie}}}} I shall keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Annemarie. I am sending my thoughts and prayers.

nadia said...

Ti sono vicina mia cara amica....
Un abbraccio
Nadia

Sally said...

Annemarie, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers {{{{hugs}}}}

Anonymous said...

A quick note. We are thinking of you, supporting you and your family the best we can in our hearts and minds.

mainely stitching said...

Dear Annemarie,

I'm stuck without a computer (using Niek's now) and without my email addresses, so here I am leaving this comment to let you know I continue to think about you a hundred times or more a day.

xoxo,
Barbara

lena-lou said...

Just called by to let you know I have been thinking about you and your family . Take care An love helen xx

Hazel said...

I'm so sorry to hear that bad news. Thinking of you and sending hugs. xx

mainely stitching said...

(Just me sending more hugs!!)

angelasweby said...

Dear Annemarie,
Your message has touched me very deeply. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts. I wish you strength and courage.
Warm wishes Angela

Julianne said...

Dear Annemarie,

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. I have sensed through your posts that you are very close to your parents.

Many, many hugs to you.

Nadia said...

Merry Christmas dear friend
Kisses
Nadia

Lennu said...

Dear Annemarie, I'm very late in writing this, but I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you a lot! {{Hugs}}