As I said, I spent the better part of my birthday shaking and shivering under the covers, next to my shaking and shivering son, BUT I took some pictures that I think are quite sharp, considering the circumstances. First of all, dear Barbara sent a birthday card with the sweetest birthday wishes ever, and the card came with a gift:
Isn't it a thing of utter brilliance and beauty? I'd been coveting one of these since I first saw it on Barbara's blog, for obvious reasons, and now I have one of my very own!
I also gave myself a present. Two presents in fact, because I had two of my finishes framed. One of them is a very old one. I finished it in 1999 and I remember that I really enjoyed stitching it, although I wouldn't even dream of starting something like this today. Funny, isn't it, how tastes change over the years? Still, I think this is a gorgeous sampler, not one of those samplers you see popping up everywhere (no offence, but sometimes it is nice to see something new) and since the year 2009 is slowly drawing to a close, I thought it would be nice to finally have it framed:
Williamsburg Sampler by Elsa Williams. It was a kit that I gave away after finishing so I don't have any further details
And here's one you may remember:
The Harvesters by Little House Needleworks, stitched on 32 count Belfast with splotches (can't recall the name of the fabric) with DMC threads and Belle Soie Pumpkin Carriage for the pumpkins
And now the reason why you all came here today (right?): my weekly update of Rejoice by Carriage House Samplings
Now, remember I'm the slowest stitcher in the world. I don't care what anybody says or claims, it's true! Hours and hours worth of stitching has gone into this and still you can't see what it's supposed to be. It's a lovely piece, though. But you know what? With all of these SALs I'm doing, I don't have time to stitch for myself anymore! Now where did I hear that before? Ah, why can't stitchers ever be satisfied with what they do and how they do it? It's a mystery. Which I don't propose to solve today, because my head is spinning and it's high time for sleepy bobos.
Yours shakily,
Annemarie
42 comments:
hi Annemarie!
I was sent here by Barbara's blog. I'm not the slowest stitcher apparently (because you already are), but I'm the worst birthdayremember-person...
Happy birthday and a very good year ahead of you in GOOD HEALTH for you and Pelle!
Barbara sent you the perfect gift! Something to look at from under the blankets...
Hope you'll be healthy soon!!!
Happy, happy Birthday. I am sorry to hear you are feeling well. :( I hope you are feeling a better soon. Lots of chicken soup and lemon honey hot tea. And rest.
Sending you and Pelle warm hugs. My goodness girl you two are ill again!!!!! I wish I had a personal physician or nurse to send to your bedside. Please get well soon!!!!
Oh, happy happy happy birthday to you! I hope that you and sweet Pelle are feeling much better and that you'll paint the town red! (Or purple, green, yellow, chartruese...whatever your color of choice!)
Whatever your birthday wishes may be....I hope they come true!
So sorry to hear that you and Pelle are ill again. I hope you find good health soon and that all your birthday wishes come true. That's a lovely gift sent to you by Barbara and such pretty framed pieces that you gifted to yourself!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love your gift from Barbara!
Your samplers framed are beautiful, and like you, I like to see different things every now and then.
Hey, any progress is good progress!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Love,
Tanya
So sorry to hear that you and Pelle are sick on your birthday. I hope you both feel better soon. Beautiful framed pieces. I like your progress on Rejoice-you have about enabled me to add that pattern to my stash.
Happy Birthday and here's to a great year in good health! Hope you and Mr Pelle feel better very soon.
Beautiful finish & frames! That Sampler of yours is quite a looker; I like the backstitched alphabet!
From one Scorpio to another (Mine's Nov. 12th), Get well soon (and Pelle too)!
Berit
P.S. I put my birthday well-wishes on your previous blog, jic you missed them! :D
Happy Birthday Annemarie! I hope you and Pelle feel better soon!
Annemarie,
Sending big hugs to you for your birthday and good wished that you, and Pelle will be back in action soon.
Happy Birthday. Your card is late, not because birthday alarm failed to notify me. No, indeed, your name has been in my inbox for two weeks. Still I feel victorious having actually mailed it today. I hope it's a good one. Love the Elsa W. sampler.
(And it's true. 40's no big deal. I should know, I'm 23.)
You know, it's a rule that if you're sick on your birthday, then you get to designate a different day to be your birthday celebration day. You did know that, right?
Feel better soon, and enjoy your celebration, whenever that may actually take place.
Happy Birthday AnneMarie!! Today is my birthday too!!! So my fellow Scorpian we have so much in common!! I guess I too must be 19--LOL LOL!!
I hope your day was full of love and laughter!!
I'm off to stitch for the rest of the night and watch the telly!!
Hugs
-missy-
Happy 19th birthday, Annemarie! I'd buy you a drink but alas, you are now not old enough in the States to drink. Does 39 sound better now???
So sorry you are sick on your special day, but I send big, happy Birthday greetings to you just the same. It's been a mess here too. I just wish I could have hidden under the covers through all of it.
May your year be filled with joy and wonder. Happy birthday!
Love both of your beautiful framed pieces. And I totally appreciate your progress on the CHS project as I am the worlds slowest stitcher. Rest, chicken soup and tea with honey, it was the only thing that made me feel even slightly better. Get better, CJ ok;-)
Happy Birthday, girlie! I hope you feel better soon! That's a lovely gift from Barbara, and the framed pieces are lovely.
Happy Birthday! I hope you feel better soon. Your newly framed pieces look great.
Wishing you a very happy birthday!!Hope you are both feeling better soon.
I must be only 33 by the new system of reckoning birthdays! Great! I'm sorry to hear that you and Pelle are both ill, and hope you will be feeling better soon and able to celebrate your birthday properly.
Dear Annemarie, I am sorry so much that you are not well, and that your birthday has been feverish.
I unite me to the wishes of all of your friends.
All the embroideries that you have framed are very beautiful , and your rejoice is taking form, I love this CHS, great!
Here it is cold and it rains and it is the ideal day to stay to the warm and to embroider....and so I can!
Take care of yourself, see you soon dear.....Thursday...
My english is bad, I know, but I translate with ggogle...
Kiss kiss
Nadia
A belated Happy Birthday. Hope your soon fit and well and able to have a late birthday celebration.
A belated Happy Birthday to you and lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery for both you and Pelle!
p.s. love your framed pieces!
Happiest of Birthday's Annemarie :)
I love your framed pieces and I know they bring joy when your gaze alights on them :)
Happy, happy Birthday Annemarie!
Tanti auguri Annemarie, tanti auguri di Buon Compleanno....
bacioni
Cris
happy birthday!
Lovely framed pieces and lovely thread keeper!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy birthday! Sorry you are sick, that sucks, hope you and Pelle are feeling much better :-).
Pretty framed pieces and love your GH piece.
Oh, I suck! I was gonna get over here yesterday with birthday wishes and never made it. So sorry. Congratulations on another successful trip around the sun. Hopefully, you and Pelle will be feeling much better very soon.
A huge Happy Birthday to you! And I'm sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon. I do love your framed piece. I know what you mean about seeing something different once in a while! It looks wonderful!!
I do hope my 'good health' birthday wish for you and Pelle comes true, Annemarie!! Thinking of you!!
A belated Happy Birthday, Annemarie! I love how your Rejoice is coming along. I hope you'll be better very soon.
Happy Birthday! I love that tombstone, it is very cute!
I think stitchers are like other artists/cretive people in that we are more apt to see every error we make than to see how beautiful the stitching itself is. Creative people always strive to do their best and they are also their own worst enemy by being the world's harshest critic. We want our works to be perfect so we look for any small errors in the piece or we tell ourselves we're too slow.
Stitch at your own pace and enjoy it!
Happy birthday!! I hope you are feeling better and able to enjoy it. Hope Pelle improves soon, too, poor little guy!
Your stitching is wonderful, as is the framing. Just remember to enjoy the journey--it's not about the finish line! YGG! :)
Dear An, Will you stop it and get well, already! This is just too much! :[ Glad you got your happy birthday cards and things. I only wish I were nearby so I could help you with darling Pelle when you're down. You two need a Mary Poppins to sweep the air clean and fresh around you! I hope somebody gave you or is going to give you a lovely birthday cake.. Love, Deb
Belated happy birthday wishes to you, dear An!!! Hope you and Pelle are feeling better today and a proper celebration will be had very soon.
I love the creative way of figuring your new age, especially when I think that I'm back at 32!! Awesome! :D
Belated Happy Birthday! Sorry you've been ill.
Geez, not even 40 yet. I'm hitting the next decade in less than 2 weeks now-scary indeed!
I'm in a stitching slump myself. I have to do something small like an ornament.
Not too late, or is it, to wish you a happy 5th-day-after-your-birthday ?
Post a Comment