Bienvenue! by Anne Sohier-Fournel, taken from the book Mots doux au point de croix.The alphabet I used is from another French designer Fees et Brins de Malice, from a birth sampler called C'est un garcon! Actually, this is the third alphabet I tried, because the first two just didn'twork. In the end, I think it might be the white thread that makes the letters look a little... blegh, but there you go. I couldn't very well use blue letters, could I. Or could I...? Nope, no more changes, this is it. I hope the critter and her parents will like it.
Today is the last day of carnaval, which probably means nothing to you, and less than nothing to me - seeing as I'm not originally from these parts and these parts is mostly where Carnaval is originally celebrated. Now, Pelle, on the other hand, is really getting used to life in the province of Brabant. Not only is he developing a certain accent (soft Gs and hard, French-y Rs, rather than the hard Gs and soft, American-y Rs that he's used to hearing at home), he's also developed an uncanny desire to hear Carnaval music and to dress up as a tiger. Behold my Tiger Man:
His Royal Cuteness, Prins Pelle d'n Irste. Anyway, isn't it marvellous that he is speaking well enough to actually have an accent? When did that happen?This here post is my 99th, by the way, so prepare to party when next you visit!
31 comments:
Gorgeous gorgeous - both your finish and Pelle. Glad to hear that he is chattering away.
Oh, he is cute! And he says "I spoke when I had something important to say, and not before." Your bunny design is tres charmant. (Charmante? obviously not paying attention in French class that day...)
Oh he is the cuteness for sure! I just want to give him a big hug! What a sweetie!
I love the birth sampler you stitched. It's just the right thing!
What a sweet finish Annemarie! Pelle looks so cute as a tiger, he reminds me of Hobbes (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) :)
Hope you are over your cold, you do sound better. Pelle's costume is so cute, and he has just the greatest smile. I'm glad to hear that he's becoming a chatterbox.
Oh what a cutie!! Looks GGRRRREEAATT!
You finish is lovely!
That is the prettiest birth sampler! I know what you mean about white thread, but take a look at your blog. You will see how beautiful it really is!
Pelle makes one adorable tiger!
Aaaaaw, hoe schattig!!!! Uitsluitend voor Pelle wieg ik een enkele heup op een enkele carnavalskraker! Eline's broduurtje is ook zo lief. EN met mijn favoriete alfabet, dus helemaal mooi!!
It IS wonderful that Pelle is speaking to that extent--he could not be cuter in his Carnival togs! :D
I for one like the white letters, not Blegh at all!
As for Rexes, I still need to make a proper email response! Let me dig out a bit (literally and figuratively) from the snowy weekend we had, and then expect my reply!
I do hope you are on the mend in comparison to last time, and am looking forward to your "Blo(ck)g Party" next time. ;)
Such an adorable birth sampler!!!!! I love it!!!
Pelle is sooooo cute!!!!
Oh, very cute sampler! And I love your pictures of the tiger man.
The big 100th post is coming up, huh? I love a party.
Your finish is so precious!! Just love your pictures of Tiger man too. I don't know anything about Carnival. Looking at the pictures it reminds me of Halloween! Such a big smile on his precious face.
Oh my - that is your third finish isn't it!!!!! Are you sure you are the same Annemarie that I have gotten to know?
That is a sweet little sampler. I love the sheep skipping rope.
And Pelle - just too handsome for words. How fun and happy he looks!
Good job Momma.
Such a cute little sampler. I love the alphabet you used, I think it goes so nicely with the motifs. So sweet.
And I love the pictures of your sweet little tiger man :)))
Hey, I love Pelle's costume ! I have a future tiger doctor (well, vet of course, but it takes emotion away to say vet rather than doctor) at home, I must show her. And I am so glad that the said tiger's roaring is music to your ears - doesn't this mean that some of your worries are melting away (like snow and ice should now, we have had enough...) ?
Holding my breath until the 100th post comes out !
Well, Pelle makes one adorable tiger! When in Rome... Glad he is having fun celebrating carnaval. We live next to the one village in northern Holland than is famous for carnaval - Hoogland.
The little birth sampler for your niece is wonderful. I just love the sheep but then those bunnies are cute enough to cuddle. Bet Eline is too. :-)
Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi
Love it! And the Tiger Man of course! x
Very sweet finish! I love that lamb!
Pelle makes a super darling tiger!
Oh my god, Annemarie, when did Pelle get so big? And he's even CUTER than before!! Our middle two kids LOVE Carnival. Niek and I do not. Neither does Max. The February vacation in this part of the world is quite a lot different. LOL.
Love that sweet finish for your niece. Wow, you got that done quickly!!!
Oh that sampler is lovely!
Tiger man is just adorable!
The sampler for Eline is absolutely gorgeous.
And as for your little chatty tiger, he's just too cute!
Congrats on the really cute finish! And on the really cute little tiger :-)
Happy Blogiversary Annemarie! I usually say blogiversary, but I sometimes say blogaversary too, but have never said blogoversary. LOL! :) Either way my spell checker says none of them are a word. Beautiful finish and Pelle makes a pretty cute tiger!
Loving the tiger Grrrrr :)
What a cute chart for a newbie - the alphabet you finally went with is perfect, I think :)
What a cute tiger! My daughter had a leopard costume like that when she was smaller :)
Oh I love your finish! So delicate.
Awww, I'm so glad to hear that your Pelle is roaring enough to have an accent, pun intended (and a bit lame, but just go with it). ;) That's great.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the finish! It really is adorable. Fantastic alphabet, too.
What a sweet finish Annemarie!
Pelle looks so cute in his tiger costume!
A pretty sampler, I love the bunnies & lambs. And little boys are so sweet when they let you dress them up. They grow up too fast so enjoy!
Pretty finish! Who knew Tiger's could be so adorable! Love it!
Sweet design and sweet teager.
Congrats on a beautiful finish - those little bunnies are really cute! As is Pelle in his outfit :D
Post a Comment