This one's for all of you, for being such a great support during the last couple of weeks and months. Thank you for all your comments, your e-mails and your cards, for your prayers and good vibes and positive thoughts and other things you may have done or sent to make life a little more bearable for me. I would have thanked you before if my computer hadn't been so kind as to crash on me - and I'm saying that without the slightest hint of sarcasm. Sometimes you just need to get yourself away from extraneous interferences, but it's not always easy to distract yourself from them - unless they crash and you are left with nothing better to do than to support your family, to think, reminisce and... stitch! Or failing that, picking up finished pieces from the framer's:
Silver Creek 's Dandy Dreams. Isn't it sweet?
And what about this one:
M Designs' Sampler Girls. Pelle was so taken with this one that he claimed it for himself :o) I was incredibly flattered and also a little touched that my six year old is so involved with my stitchy stuff. How sweet is that?
Speaking of sweet, one of the two girls among you who have been the best friend and the biggest support to me (for more than a few years, I might add), is Barbara. Barbara always manages to bring a smile to my face (and sometimes, admittedly, a sentimental tear to my eye) by sending me little cards and tokens and trifles from her (way too) faraway part of the world. A few weeks ago, she surpised me with this sweetest of ornaments:
This one as ME written all over it in big neon letters (well, not quite, as you can see). I don't know how Barbara managed to get the smell of all the woods in Maine into this lovely wee pillow, but she did it. Thank you, Barbara. You will never know how much this means to me.
I have been stitching up a storm, but I don't want to bore you too long with my presence here, so I will save progress pics for another day. It's good to be back though, so I hope to see you around here soon!
Yours gratefully,
Annemarie.
25 comments:
Dear Annemarie,
Glad you are back. Your finishes are beautiful. I love Dandy dreams.
Chris
What a sweet gift from Barbara! And I love your framed pieces. That is so "lief" of Pelle to want your Sampler Girls - quite rightly, it's gorgeous.
Really good to hear from you. Gorgeous finishes and what a beautiful gift from Barbara. She is such a kind, generous spirit. Hugs xx
Lovely to see a post from you Annemarie. I love your framed pieces and Barbara's gift to you is beautiful and, I'm sure, very treasured.
Good to have you back Annemarie.
Your Pelle has good taste! it's a wonderful sampler.
Love the ornament Barbara made for you.
Glad to see you back! I love your framed finish! And your other piece as well. Your little one has good taste in samplers! My son is the only one who shows interest in my samplers too. Ever since he was little!
Beautiful stitching and so glad to see you back!
Glad you're posting again.
The framed pieces are lovely, especially the Dandy Dreams. But Pelle's favorite is wonderful too.
Love what Barbara sent you! She's wonderful.
It brings joy to my heart this morning to find a blog post from you. :) I've missed you!!!
Your two finishes are wonderful. The Dandy Dreams chart is going on my wish list. I actually have the M Designs one and I'm going to blow the dust off it and get busy!
I'm really glad your little pillow arrived. I enjoyed making it for you. :)
HUGE hugs to you and to dear Pelle!! Miss you both terribly!!
It's wonderful to see you back and lovely to see the framed pieces. Pelle has EXcellent taste! I love the Sampler Girls too and must check out that design.
It's also wonderful to have a great friend like Barbara. The ornament seems to be the perfect present for you right now!
Take care!
It's good to hear from you! Love the little pillow Barbara made for you. I think Pelle has wonderful taste in needlework...I just love that M designs piece too!
There is no time-limit or special directions for mourning - it is highly personal and nothing is wrong with quiet and time alone. I do enjoy your blog and your stitching - lovely finishes - as you know I posted about my sister's dahlias so am pleased to see yours too.
Glad you're back and with such a beautiful flower too!
Your framed pieces are lovely.
What a sweet gesture from Barbara! A treasure for always!
So good to see you back dear one!
I love your finishes, that Silver Creek one is just awesome in so many ways!
What a sweet gift from Barbara, she's a peach!
Take good care and keep posting, we never tire of hearing from you!
xoxo
So glad to see you back. Good to hear that even if things are not "HAPPY HAPPY" they are at least moving forward in a positive direction. Think of you and Pelle so often..........
Of course we are glad to be your friends!
Your framing and Barbara's wonderful gift look super. :D I think it's so cool that DS claimed a piece like that, and I am totally looking forward to some progress pics next time! :o
Hope you are feeling better. I'm
glad you are stitching away - a good soothing thing to do. And, yes, I agree with the others - Pelle certainly has good taste!
Blessings to you both....
Hi hon. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Been thinking of you lots. BTW, I picked up and moved while you were gone LOL. Hope to post soon.
Sending warm hugs to you and Pelle.
It's nice to have you back, and I hope you're doing well. Your framed pieces are wonderful! I especially love the sampler with the dandelion. And, Barbara's gift to you is wonderful! So pretty!
You're back! I like the Dandy Dreams but hate dandelions so much I couldn't stitch it myself. I think you should come visit Barbara. Though Machias would be overrun by stitchy bloggers. :)
Good to see you abck Annemarie. Your framed pieces are gorgeous and what a lovely gift from Barbara.
Good to see you posting again. Your framing is gorgeous and what a lovely gift from Barbara
Good to see you back.
Your framed pieces are just lovely and Barbara's pillow is very pretty.
What a sweet gift from Barbara! Too cute. I love your framed pieces, too. Both are lovely, but I think the M Designs piece is my favorite. Pelle has great taste. ;)
Love your framed pieces. That Dandy Dreams one is new to me, what a nice design. What a lovely gift from Barbara.
Post a Comment