I've totally gone bonkers with my crafting.
It looks like a bomb exploded in my craft cupboard, leaving its entrails all over the house. Everywhere you look, there's floss, yarn, fabric, scissors, needles, hooks, charts, notes, pics, projects, pencils, markers, pincushions, needlebooks, magazines, sewing baskets, bobbins, tape measures, row counters, frames, scroll frames, floorstands, floss tags, floss bags... Even the cats have no choice but to nap among the needles:And what do I do? I read.
Methinks it is time to get my crafting life back in order, so I won't be back until the next New Moon for a TuSal update.
Yours merrily,
Annemarie.
18 comments:
Our library, where I keep all my crafting stuff, is totally unheated so I've been just chucking stuff in through the door and closing it fast ... when spring comes, I will have a serious tidying issue to deal with!
What're you reading???
I think once in a while one needs to relax and read. I used to go through cycles where I would read tons and then do tons of quilting and then read tons etc. Somehow with cross stitch I don't do the cycles. But the reading is important and gets in there too. Hope you get back to your crafts -- and keep the reading too!
I think it's like being a cat curling up amidst the needles to read with all your stuff out. I'm facing the fact that I need to put some of mine away; I have trashed two rooms and I'm working on just one project, so do I really need everything scattered about? Oh well, just part of the process.
Well what a surprise Annemarie LOL, you don't have a Patent on that one you know!! :)) I am so glad not to be the only one, your pictures look an absolute delight, a bit like stitcher's heaven .)
You've got till 4th march 20.46 gmt!
He heeee! My crafty area looks like that every day! Take a break and read-its good for the soul!
Stik, ik dacht dat nu de grote onthulling kwam...
Oh my goodness, your craft area looks positively neat to what mine looks like at the moment. But you know what mess means - it means creativity so don't worry about a little mess!
Well, at least you're having fun, Annemarie! My craft room looks like a bomb went off in it right now.... ugh!
Now that's creativity at work! Or at rest -- I can't quite decide. These pictures make me want to go pull out all of my stash and sort/paw through it. And pet your adorable cat. Must be the little snippet of text I see there on your magazine, just above the bar code. :-)
It's always good to do some reading. Sometimes you just have to let the other things sit a bit!
I agree with Bertie..a bit like stitchers' heaven to me :) My dil walked into my room one day and this schoolteacher looked at me and asked "did this room throw up?"
That's when I get busy and move stuff around so it looks like I made it all better. Thanks for letting us know we're not alone in the messy crafter world.
babs
I still see a few free square inches of space here and there so you're doing it wrong. lol It's only *really* serious once it's spilled out onto the floor and (possibly) down a flight of stairs. ;)
It's good to take a break and have a change of pace, otherwise hobbies have a tendency to turn into "work" which is totally wrong, lol!
Too funny! It's tough to make time for all the fun - be that reading, running around, relaxing, or crafting. Enjoy the moment, and thanks for making me feel right at home!
ROFL - mad crafter on the loose. Does Harmein need to come and rescue the kitties?
Where is Pelle under all that crafty stuff?
Pelle - where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!!!
I wish I could bomb my home with my supplies - but no, 3 males seem to object to that. Oh well... happy reading and crafting!
I am new to your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Do not despair, you are not the only one with crafts and such scattered everywhere! I think it is that time of year that we all just feel like curling up with a good book and reading! Besides, it is excercise for your brain!
Oh, and the kitties are ADORABLE!
Happy Stitching!
Valerie
This kind of picture doesn't shock me. At all. Fact is that I needn't go far to see a similar picture. I just go to my room and there it is, lol.
Post a Comment