Also, progress was made on With Thy Needle and Thread’s Birds of a Feather. To be honest with you, the red provided (WDW Indian Summer) didn’t suit my current taste - which tends more to the vintage-y, granny-y (there’s a surprise, right?) - so I changed it to GAST Pomegranate. I’m in love with this sampler.
Next week, Pelle will be staying over at his medical daycare centre for an entire night, so that his mama can do some more sleeping. I’m terrified on his behalf, and I’m sure I won’t sleep a wink that first time, but after having taken care of Pelle for nearly seven years, during the last three years non-stop and single-handedly, I really, really need some rest. Of course, me being who I am, I decided that Pelle needs something comforting to help him through that first night in a strange place, so I started a blanky.
It’s Tuesday, but here’s a Bench Monday pic for you anyway. Just because it makes me happy.
Yours happily,
Annemarie.
30 comments:
WhooHooo A Happy Dance - good for you!!!! It is beautiful.
Ooh lovely post Annemarie. Gorgeous finish and I have ordered the new Mystery sampler from Thread Bear but by the time I will get it it won't be such a mystery. Lovely pic of you btw. It is always nice to put a face to the name. xx
Great stocking finish and your Mystery Sampler is coming along nicely. I've only got the top section done - gonna have to move quickly or I'll never catch up!
So glad you were able to get some rest. Pelle will love his blankie!
Love your stocking Annemarie, the lace does it!! BOF looks great so far, I had to frog mine a bit or a lot, not paying attention...
Pelle will love his little blanket, how do you manage! enjoy the free time and rest, hard work being a single mum, I admire you:)) Your flowers look lovely, and the gnome is adorable :) saw a lot of those at the OLM!
Beautiful stocking finish! Love the new start on the mystery sampler too. It's coming along and I like your floss substitution.
Glad to hear you're getting some much needed rest! Sleep works wonders!
Annemarie - Sounds like with this latest post that you've found your "Groove Thing" once again! I've looked at Birds of a Feather, but not purchased yet so enjoyed photo of your progress. I do admire Moms - and single Moms in particular. I don't know how they do it and am glad you are managing to carve a even the littlest bit of time for yourself - so important!
What a beautiful finish! I'm sure the giftie will be thrilled! I like how the mystery sampler looks with the pomegranate -- very nice! I think you definitely deserve some time to yourself -- nothing to be ashamed of! Glad you had a good time and got to sleep in for once! The crochet blanket is really pretty!
Loved the post title - great finish!!
Tanya
We should do a HD on every single occassion! I would almost say: with every stitch, but we don't exaggerate... Love it!!!
How nice you had enough sleep, it's soooo important to keep going on. Pelle will love his blanky, I'm sure.
Beautiful finish!!
Fantastic stocking finish and no it's not childish to post before it's gifted! Finishes are made to be shown. I like your color change on the Mystery Sampler. I don't have too much done on it and I think I better get moving before the next section comes out.
Glad that you're going to get some sleep and Pelle is going to love his blanket. We don't need to know how long you sleep - just enjoy every minute of it.
Congratulations on the stocking finishing - it is quite LOV-a-ley! I like your change to Pomegranate for the colour. I have yet to start my sampler so I will keep your change in mind!
I hope you will continue to get these small breaks to catch up on sleep! It's amazing how much a "little" rest can freshen up one's perspective! Take care!
I love your finish. I am working on the With Thy Needle and Thread Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler too. I think it's really pretty. That's interesting, your changing Indian Summer to Pomegranate. I'm sure it will look pretty. The blanket is also nice.
Great little finish! I just love those little stockings to bits.
What a lovely finish! Your colour change on the mystery sampler looks good. There's nothing like getting a good night's sleep.
Beautiful stocking! I love the way you finished it! Your Birds Of A Feather is pretty, and I hope you enjoy stitching it.
I remember the feeling of leaving our girls overnight! Enjoy your free time, and I'm sure Pelle will love his blanket.
Your stocking finish is beautiful - really like the lace and the charm on the hanger. I like your change to Pomegranate on BOAF (I also like the fabrics you have in the background of your WIP pic)and I agree with your love for this sampler - I'm thoroughly enjoying stitching mine.
I'm sure Pelle will love the blanky when it's finished and he'll be fine sleeping at his daycare - it's wonderful that they offer that. Grab all the chances you can to sleep, being run down isn't good for you or Pelle.
Grats on the finish AnneMarie. I'm sure Pelle will adore his new blankie, and love having a night to do big boy things. I hope he has a fun time!!
The joy of actually getting enough rest is something incredible, isn't it?
LOVE the blanky you started for Pelle, and your finish is fabulous! :D Your bench pictures make me smile, even if I just think about them. :)
Very cute stocking! I haven't had the guts to try to make one of those yet, any irregular shape scares me, lol. Love your starts on the sampler and blankie!
That is one of the prettiest stocking finishes I've seen--beautiful work :)
Oh, this stocking finish is so pretty, I love it with the lace around the top edge. And I love the progress picture of that mystery piece. The more I see of it the more I want to stitch it myself - but the huge amount of stash that I already own and still want to stitch keeps me from buying the mystery piece. So far ... lol.
Pelle will love his nice little blanky.
The stocking is gorgeous, congratulations.
Besides your awesome stitching, I want you to listen - you are an AWESOME MOM. I am grateful that you got a great night's sleep. And, I'm glad that you are going to get some more sleep. Really. You are AWESOME. I am in AWE of you. So, enjoy that much needed rest and know that there are many out here that know how much you care and the effort you put forth to taking care of your precious child. Sweet dreams and hoping that Pelle finds joy in his vacation too.
I'm a new visitor and hope you don't mind me telling you about a knitting blog you might like to visit. It's called "Little Cotton Rabbits" and the lady who writes the blog and knits the lovely toys has an autistic son. I thought it might be helpful to read about the difficulties that another crafter faces and how she finds her knitting helpful etc. PS I have long been a fan of the Danish Handcraft Guild designs - they are unique.
Lovely finish! Congrats!
Amazing! I am IN LOVE with at least 2 of the June stockings--tell me, did it take long to stitch? I really want this. Plus, I love honeysuckle. :D
Great bench-photo, and good for you doing what you must and can to get some rest. Sending Brave Thoughs to you and Pelle.
Hi Annemarie! I just found your blog and I am thrilled to see that you are stitching on Fremme's Blue Lady! I am a huge Fremme fan, so I alwas get a bit extra happy when I find other Fremme stitchers on the net! It's funny; I just e-mailed this one company in Denmark to ask about purchasing the BL kit, but she never got back to me. Maybe I should give it another try...
Take care and Happy Stitching!
Lovely stocking!
Rest is a wonderful thing. If only we could buy it.
I'm repeating myself, but I love your shoes? Truly!
As you can see, I am very behind in visiting...but just love the bench photo today...it is competition worthy, a real winner and full of possiblities when one just sees feet, lol.
Post a Comment