Thursday, 8 October 2009

Deeply WIPpy

I don't feel like blogging today -- simply because I'd rather be stitching. BUT I promised to announce the winner of My Favorite Kitten today, so that's exactly what I intend to do. Just so you know, since claiming I'd throw in the real life kitty with the stitched one, Pantoef has been nothing less than angelic, so I've given him until the end of October to mend his ways on a more permanent basis. If he succeeds in staying this...
...sweet and cuddlesome, I promised him that he could stay. If not, you can all look forward to a new blog contest in about 20 days' time.
Back to the stitched kitty though. My trusty name-drawer was otherwise engaged...

... so I asked Ransomizer.org to do the work for him, and the winner of My Favorite Kitten, as shown on the picture in my previous post, is none other than

Daffycat

Congratulations, Sharon! Be a dear and send your snail mail address to amcdevries AT gmail DOT com, will you, and I will make sure this wee darling gets to you ASAP.

As I said, I'd rather be stitching, and you will be very happy to know (I think) that I've been engaged in some heavy-duty WIP-stitching. No sign of startitis here! Actually, I could have named this post 'Deeply SAL-ly', because three of the four projects I've been working on are SALs. Firstly, of coursely, Noah:

Not a lot of progress there, but any progress on this one is good progress, as far as I'm concerned.

Secondly, Mary Wigham:
Don't ask me what possessed me to pick up this monster of a Quaker, but I did enjoy finishing that huge first motif.

Thirdly, my BBD Summer Basket, a Thursday SAL I'm doing with the lovely and talented Giovanna, Cristina and Nadia. Actually, I did a lot more work on this one, but I happened upon a couple of frogs along the way.

Fourthly, not a SAL, but definitely a long-time WIP, CHS's Mrs. Pearson. I'm stitching this one on 32 count linen, with one thread of Vikki Clayton silks over two. This, my dear friends, is not a good idea if you like a good bit of coverage. As I happen to do.

Love the design. Not the coverage. After discussing this with Barbara, who was kind enough to be brutally honest about it, I decided to start all over again, on 40 count linen this time. Now I don't only love this project, I actually luuuuuurve it. Think The Blue Lady kind of love.

Barbara suggested I make the first attempt into a little fragment piece, which is a brilliant idea, of course. Also, since this is merely a quirky fragment of a wacky design, I decided to leave that total whopper of a mistake I made and finish it as it is. I mean. You know. The number 836 means as much to me as the year 1836, i.e. nothing. Is it even a DMC colour? I don't think it is. No WAY am I going to frog something so as to change it into something I don't know the meaning of anyway.

Speaking of the good Barbara, I spent an absolutely lovely day in her company on Tuesday. We did some stitching, did a lot of chatting, had a gorgeous lunch. I got to see little Arden and his happy smile, and I got to talk to sweet Max. Also, Barbara made me this completely wonderful gift:

It's a sweet little autumnal pouch in which she hid some fabulous pumpkin buttons and a beautifully delicate Mermaid thread keep, made of shell, which is already in use. Thank you so much, Barbara, for the lovely day, and for your generosity and kindness :o)

Darn. I really shouldn't start my posts saying I'd rather be doing something else, because whenever I do that, I end up writing the most boring, long-winded blog posts you have ever had the misfortune to read. Sorry, my friends. Hopefully, in the next couple of days, I will have something to show you in the way of framed stitchy goodness. Yippie!!!

Yours long-windedly,
Annemarie.

22 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Your posts are never boring. Trust me, I've been reading for a loooooong time and I have no patience with boring. (I'm sure you know that about me!)

Nadia said...

Annemarie,
I'm very happy to meet you!!!
Above everything thank you for giving me the opportunity to embroider with you,
and to discover your so beautiful and fascinating blog..
Sorry my bad english, and see you soon...many thanks for your so kind comment!
kisses dear, and good night
Nadia

Patricia Lessell said...

I have never ever read a boring post from you. Congratulations to Sharon on winning that cute little cat you stitched. Love Patti xxx

Deb said...

My goodness, Panof better settle down and stay on his best behavior or I sense a swift kick in the bookie!! :P What beautiful stitching, An. :]

Daffycat said...

Boring? Naaa, this was a great post! Best part...I WON!!! Thank you Annemarie, I sent you an email!

Beautiful stitching! You've got some really nice WIPs!

mainely stitching said...

A boring post indeed! As if such a thing were even possible!

Over here in Gouda, it's past my bedtime, but I am so glad I double-checked my 'puter before going to bed. Now I can go to sleep thinking of that cuddly Pantoef. :D

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful post. I love all the stitchy stuff. You've really been attached to the needle lately, haven't you. That photo of Pelle is priceless!

Nancy said...

Your WIPs are beautiful, and congratulations to the winner! What a gorgeous gift from Barbara!

Berit said...

I am so totally jazzed to read this post--how sweet is Pantoef in that pic!!?! (No quantity of over-emphatic punctuation can express how charmed I am by him!) I noticed something about him I had previously overlooked: his eyes are rimmed with a dark sable; smudged in just the right places like kohl. You, of course I am sure, already know this charming detail of his person (Does a cat have a "person"?) :)

As for My Favorite Kitten, I may not have won him, but seeing him here, and being so close to owning him (Hey, I almost won him!! :P), has given me one more push towards buying him and stitching him up myself! As if I needed another WIP. Heh.

All your stitching looks so fab--that kitty you added on Noah has a physique similar to our family cat's at my parents' (plus another 7 lbs or so...) So cute! Though I must confess I prefer the svelte lines of Pantoef.

So! That's it: Two cats I must add to my "stash": My Favorite Kitten, and a Mammalian Kitten. Doesn't it seem that all stitchers have a cat?? Perhaps that's why I never blog: Because I have no cat to photograph to round out the post! I do so enjoy seeing everyone's cats throughout blogland. Someday, I'll get a nice little Russian Blue, or maybe an Abyssinian--dear boyfriend wants a Scottish Fold... Wait, didn't you say that Pantoef doesn't shed? Hmm...

Yours Ramblingly,
Berit

P.S. Your little boy *might* be kinda cute too; I haven't seen those footie pyjams since I the days I wore them myself. ;)

Melissa said...

You know your posts are never boring! You're just wanting to hear that, right? ;-) I see lots of lovely stitching, a very subdued Panteof, and such a cute photo of Pelle!

That is a beautiful gift from the good Barbara!

Congrats to Sharon - Daffycat gets a AnnieM-cat.

Kathy A. said...

Boring - girl - never!!!! Love your stitching progresses. those needles are hot even with a short frog visit.
I love that picture of Pelle asleep on his feet.
Isn't it amazing how threatening a new home has smartened up that silly cat. Let's hope it lasts.
Lovely gift from Barbara. She makes the most beautiful things.
Take care and hugs to you and Pelle.

Cheryl said...

I dont really know why i started Mary Wigham either LOL Its huge!
Thats a lovely gift from Barbara.
Oh and your posts arent boring, if you want boring posts thats my blog, all ive posted is a list of chores LOL Now that is boring!!

Giovanna said...

My goodness, what a lot of stitching! And it's all gorgeous. Yes, that first motif of Mary Wigham is huge isn't it. Thanks for the nice words :-), and a special knuffel to Pelle and Pantoef, what darlings they are.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

An awesome post! Love the pics Panteof and your ever so adorable Pelle!
All your stitching is beautiful and good for you for starting over on Mrs. P if it didn't make you happy.

Lovely gift from Barbara!

anneke said...

I would even be reading your blog if it was boring, but it isn't.
Love the pictures!! Love Pelle sleeping, what a cute face he has.

Love Pantoef, he looks like he's even cuter than Pelle (impossible I know) and your stitching pictures are beautiful.
Barbara is a great friend!

Deb said...

I love reading your posts so don't think that they're boring. Your pictures are so cute of Pelle and Pantoef - they both look angelic. And good for you that you got some stitching done - all the projects are great ones.

doris said...

The pictures of your two little men all curled up are terribly cute. Pelle looks absolutely peaceful.

Your WIPs are all looking wonderful, and I'm especially happy to see Noah again.

Brigitte said...

A boring post on your blog???? Nah. I don't even know what that could mean. Seeing your WIPs is always delightful - and seeing a picture of sweet Pelle even more.
The BBD Summer Basket will be my project for next summer, it's already kitted up and I hope I won't forget about it.

Heidi said...

Well I am proud of you for attacking those WIPs!!! Does this mean that Margaret and I had a little bit of an influence on your stitching philosophy??? It is just the greatest feeling to get some old projects done. I just picked out two quilts that I want done by the end of the year as well as my Halloween stitching, followed by one of my samplers. Yikes! It will be 2010 before we know it. I will have to remain in December 31, 2009 forever if I don't reach my goal...lol. Now I think you might even be joining me in setting goals one day.

Pelle looks so sweet sleeping away on the chair!

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

Sharon said...

Annemarie, your projects look lovely!

Karoline said...

Aww what a pair of cuties! All your wips look lovely. Nice progress

Siobhán said...

Pelle is too cute. I have a few photos of my kids in similar poses. ;)

LOVE the WIP progress, and the gift from Barbara--wow. She is too talented.