Thursday, 29 October 2009

Progress? What progress?

I was so going to finish Noah's coat for today's update. But then things started to go wrong, all roughly around the same time:

1. Pantoef thought it would be fun to play a game he likes to call chase the needle
2. Incredibly, I ran out of DMC 831, which is the colour I'm using for the coat. I say incredibly, because I thought I had at least two skeins of every DMC colour in the house. Damn.
3. Pelle woke up with a raging fever that hasn't abated yet, despite hours and hours of sleep and loads and loads of paracetamol. Something tells me there won't be a Halloween/birthday party on Saturday and another something tells me there won't be any yanking out of a certain little boy's tonsils on Tuesday.

Still, also quite incredibly, my progress on Noah is not bad at all, if I do say so myself.

I mean, sure, the other CHS Stocking Stitchers have all finished theirs and moved on to other projects, greener pastures etc., but this, to me, is good progress. Next time I sit down to work on this I will hopefully have a new supply of DMC and enough caffeine in the house to sustain me in this coat-stitching finale.

My other SAL for Thursday is, of course Summer Basket. Love the colours. Do not love the way the chart differs from the picture on the cover (piture looks better) and do not love the fact that I made a mistake in that third row of doodley stitches -- a mistake, mind you, that had nothing to do with either chart or picture on cover -- and that I now have to FROG because it looks all wrong. But here is a picture anyway. Summer Basket BF (Before Frogging):


Yours incredulously,
Annemarie.

29 comments:

staci said...

Poor Pelle, I hope he's feeling better soon and doesn't have to miss out on Saturday (and I hope you don't have to reschedule the tonsillectomy.)

Noah is really looking good. I hate when I run out of thread!!!

Anna van Schurman said...

I think that's magnificent progress on the coat. I know it's the last thing I'd be stitching if I were to work on the stocking. Hope your boy is feeling better soon!

Carol R said...

Get well soon Pelle!

Giovanna said...

Poor Pelle, I hope he'll be better soon!

Summer Basket looks just lovely, what pretty colours - but sorry you have to frog, and now I'll have to go and check out on the picture vs. chart differences because you've made me curious.

Kathy A. said...

Oh poor Pelle. He looks so very sad in that photo. I hope he is over his fever quickly and back to his handsome self in no time.
I think any progress is important. so, Important Progress on the stocking.
Love the soft colors in Summer Basket. Sorry about those frogs. They do tend to pop up.

Annie Beez said...

I think they both look great! Hope Pelle feels better soon, my own Isabel has been home sick all week. Noah is looking good, and if its any concellation-I have been working on Houses of Hawk Run for 5 years, all my SAL-ers have stitched like ALL of the other House series too, and I'm still pluggin away! :)

doris said...

Oh, Noah is looking much more clothed. I feel your pain in finding that your supposed floss stash, well, isn't. I hate when that happens.

Nice new stash items. I'm set 'til death also, but that probably won't stop future acquisitions.

valerie said...

Great progress on Noah and Summer Basket despite the snafus with them. I do hope Pelle gets better soon...and that he doesn't miss the party or the tonsillectomy.

Berit said...

Poor Pelle--he looks so flushed!

As for Noah, I think he got hungry and ate the second skein--Greedy Noah he's not satisfied with all the time and floss you're putting into him; he had to have MORE! lol

I also ran out of a thread on Sunlit Sky.

As for your Gorgeous Summer Basket, I'm averting my eyes--I refuse to look at any more summery BBDs until...February?

As it is, I'll probably be wishing everyone a Merry Hallowe'en with my December stitching!

Deb said...

Poor Pelle - I hope that he's feeling much better soon. I think you're making great progress on Noah. Don't worry about what others have gotten done, just enjoy the ride at your own pace. And I love the colors of your other piece!

Nancy said...

I hope your little guy feels better soon!

Your stitching is gorgeous, and I think Noah looks very dapper!

Angela said...

Hope Pelle is soon feeling a lot better.

Great progress with your stitching.

mainely stitching said...

I came back from my plasma donation to find Arden running a high fever and totally stuffed up in his head. Poor thing has mucus coming out of all the cracks. He and Pelle can be misery brothers. I do really, really, REALLY hope that Pelle can still get his tonsils out Tuesday. All my limbs are crossed. Okay, figuratively.

Take care!

Anneke said...

Oh that poor little Pelle! It breaks your heart just looking at him. It isn't the Mexican flu?
Hope he's feeling better; does it work to let him look at the snake at Noah's feet?

good luck on the coat!!!

Tanya said...

Poor Pelle! Hope he feels better soon; poor little guy. So sweet.

Noah is coming along great!
Tanya

Linen Stitcher said...

OK, I certainly didn't mean to add stress to your life just because I finished my CHS stocking. If you'd like, I can start one of the two stockings I have waiting, and we can forget all about the finished one. Would that help?

I think Noah's looking quite snazzy. If sending you coffee and/or DMC floss would help speed you toward the finish, then I'd be happy to contribute to the cause!

And if it's any consolation, I've been stitching a small ornament-sized project for, oh, about two months now. Can't seem to finish it. [sigh]

Healing thoughts for Pelle (poor guy)!

Daffycat said...

Poor baby Pelle. I seriously hope he doesn't have H1N1. ***hugs***

Still waiting for you to unload that kitten in my mailbox...

Nadia said...

When it is had to refer is it a great bother, have you seen from me??
I have fallen to pieces the whole roof and the whole lawn..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Your BBD is magnificent dear! I love the pink yarns...
And Noah is great!!!
Kisses and sorry, my bad english...
Nadia

Dani - tkdchick said...

It definately sounds like one of those days where you shouldn't of gotten out of bed!

Your Noah looks great and I think you made fantastic progress.

That basket is so pretty and colourful!

Deb said...

Oh, An, how distressing to have Pelle so sick and waiting on his surgery! Jessica (DD) just went through the same thing before Kellan's ear tubes surgery a couple of weeks ago. Fevers, infection, mucous from everywhere..stuffed up to the point he couldn't breathe or sleep, just like Pelle. I'm so sorry for you (who must stay up all hours of the night and then worry the rest of the time) and for him. He's such a sweet little soul. I'm praying for his surgery to go well on Tuesday, and for his very quick recovery. Love and hugs, Deb

Denise said...

I hope by now that Pelle is feeling
much better and the fever is gone.
I was very happy to read of his
mental progress! Please keep us
informed - he's a special little
guy!
Bless you both....

Siobhán said...

Awww, poor Pelle! I hope he's better soon.

Great progress on both your BBD & CHS. Doesn't Noah's coat seem to go on forever?!

Anonymous said...

Hope Pelle feels better soon. poor bugger, he really does look uncomfortable. Poor Mummy too...

Sharon said...

I hope by the time you get this that Pelle is feeling better! Poor baby. Nice progress on your projects.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope your son is feeling better. A sick child is never fun for anyone.

Don't compare your progress to others. It's not always about the finished project! :)

Karoline said...

Poor Pelle, I hope he feels better soon.

Great progress on both your wips, they both look lovely

Berit said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Chiloe said...

Happy birthday !!!

Andrea said...

Aww, I hope Pelle is feeling better by now...poor baby!
You're making great progress on your WIP's! Remember, it's about enjoying the journey, not reaching the finish line :-)

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to you sweet girl!
Hope you have a great one!
Hugs!