I was taking a lovely long walk through the beautiful woods this afternoon, and to my astonishment and glee found the forest floor littered with these babies. Ahhhh, Fall is upon us! I thought I’d take them home, put them in my orts jar, and put my orts in a wee wine glass. Well, I say orts but in fact, it’s just one ort, and it’s not a real ort but a bit of thread that stuck out of a newly purchased pillowette.
Does this count as a Tusal update? Please? Pretty please? I really tried to do some stitching, but then everytime I sat down with needle and thread - and lap stand, and chart:* I had to finish a translation
* I fell ill with a drrrreadful head cold and a chest infection
* Pelle turned 7:
* I had to cart Pelle (and his cousin) around in our new cargo bike. (Pelle can’t ride a bike himself due to him being... Pelle. But he loves to go for long bike rides. Therefore the ex (who is now loaded) thought it would be nice to get Pelle the cargo bike for his birthday):
* I decided I needed to start a second Giant granny square blanket:
* I decided I needed handmade gifts for Pelle’s teachers in the shape of hand-knit socks:Ooooooh, I’ve been to the hair dresser’s today, and I look all different. Well, I think so anyway. I don’t like to fuss with my hair, you see, and lately I found that I had to do an awful lot of unwanted fussing to straighten my hair in order for my short bob to look good. Only my hair isn’t naturally straight. In fact, my hair is so far from naturally straight that every time I thought I’d successfully ironed it into submission after hours of pottering about with potions, conditioners, anti-frizz, straightening irons and blow dryers, the mirror told me Mission Short Straight Bob had failed. So I decided to embrace the poodle in me and go for a matching poodle-‘do.
Excuse the freaky looking cat. He was intrigued by the flashing red light of the self-timer.Well, again I’ve managed to write a post about absolutely nothing anyone could ever be vaguely interested in. My apologies. Next time... more of the same, I fear :o)
Yours poodley-doodley,
Annemarie.
25 comments:
Love the hair! I have the exact same complaint of mine.
Pelle's cart is awesome. And I approve of your ort jar. Things happen.
Good luck on the socks!
An ort jar is still a jar for holding orts, even if it isn't holding any. ;)
I love the birthday picture! And the hair! =)
I'm very interested Annemarie. It only seems boring to you. To me, it's all interesting!!! I love your do. I think you should embrace the poodle in you. Maybe a perm would calm the curls down enough that you can deal with them. Love the freaky looking cat too. His eyes are fab!! Good luck getting your socks done. I try not to make gifts for people for that very reason. I'm never done in time, and I hate working on a deadline!!! I love the colors in your blanket. They're lovely. And the cargo bike is awesome!!! He's such a cute kid! Your ORTish thread looks lonely in there. But still, you have to finish the socks... Like the acorns too! I wish we had fall temps!!!!
Love the ort jar and this post!! What fun! Your new "do" looks awesome and so easy to care for! The cat's eyes kinda scare me though! ;)
What a wonderful bicycle / cart - looks like loads of fun. Love the haircut...and the wild looking kitty too!
Congrats on a wonderful "no-progress" post :)
One thread tusal--uh huh--it can only go up from there, right?
Happy belated birthday to Pelle-7 is a great age.
Embrace the curly hair, it looks good on you (trust me, if it was straight, you would fuss with it too)
Your hair looks great! Isn't it funny how if we have straight hair we want curly and vice versa? I think it would be cool to have curly hair! lol! Love the expression on the cat -- soooo cute! Pelle's bike is quite cool! And all your ongoing projects. Wow! They're all so pretty too! Hope you get those socks knitted. I think the TUSAL should count for sure -- you've created plenty in other ways after all!
That is one sweet ride!
Love the party pic too - and all the neat samplers on the wall is a great bonus! :-)
I love reading everything in this post!!!! Thanks for the updates!! You look cute!
I just came back from the hairdresser too! Your hair looks fabulous! Some people pay to have perms, so you've just saved yourself a bunch of money! ;-)
Belated Happy Birthday to Pelle. That's an awesome bike. You must be in really good shape now riding that!
ps I like the "cat in the headlights" look!
That's what my hair looks like when I don't fight with it. I love it and gee the cat does look a little scary. Nice ort jar! You make me laugh - thank you for that. BIG Happy Birthday to Pelle.
I had no idea that you have such curly hair!! It's wonderful! :D I love your new hairdo.
And Pelle's had his birthday? That snuck right up on me. I'm so sorry I didn't get a card out. Please give him an extra hug from me. :)
Love the colors you are using on the giant granny square.
Also love seeing pics of your cats. Such large ears and bright eyes.
So good to see you in blogland again. Maybe some day I will make my triumphant return...if the computer allows it.
I love that cargo bike. Joe found me a bike being thrown away. It is perfectly good and I'm getting much use from it.
A very daunting sock project indeed. Good Luck!
Love your hair! I have the exact opposite "problem" as you - stick straight hair that won't hold a curl. Happy Birthday Pelle! 7 is a wonderful age. The bike is a great gift and he sure looks like he's enjoying himself.I love seeing all your finishes hanging in the birthday party picture. Beautiful colors on both the socks and the blanket.
i love the ort jar and what a lovely ride..so much fun..
i love the colors so much on your granny square..very sweet
your hair are looking so beautiful..nice picture.keep well dear..hugs xx
Congratulations to Pelle, looks like he had a fun party:) Love the cargo bike, wouldn't mind a ride in that myself LOL.
You are so lucky to have natural curly hair, you look fantabulous as does the cat, or is it the eyeliner:)
Now I do hope that there are some acorns left in NL in september, love them...
Have a great summer (what's left of it).
Van harte gefeliciteerd met Pelle's verjaardag. Wat een gave fiets - daar zullen jullie veel lol mee hebben.
Wat een leuke 'do'. De krullen staan je heel goed.
Maar goed dat jij niet hier woont - volop zomer en heeeeel heet.
happy belated birthday to Pelle!
Love the entry and looove the cat.
Your hair looks WONDERFUL!
I want to be carted around in that bike, too! (Happy Birthday--gosh, 7 years old!?
Poor you, too many socks! (But, that one you show is beautiful...)
The granny also looks great, and is that one of those ikea baskets? If I had as many of those as I'd like I think my home would look like a crocheted basket factory! Did you see that the new catalog is out? (I wonder how similar your catalog is to my US version...hmmnnn.)
Your hair looks cute. Not poodly at all. No, back when I permed my stick straight hair (why are we never satisfied?) *I* had the poodliest 'do ever. Thank goodness that passed. You look great.
Awwww, look at that lonely little ORT! He must be cold in there without any buddies.
And, uhh, good luck with the sock project, though I suspect you need something more substantial than luck. Maybe a knitting machine instead. lol
Your hair is lovely, enjoy it. Puss is a beauty with those huge eyes.
LOVE that bike! I bet they just love being carted around it in too ;)
Belated birthday wishes to Pelle and I love your new "do", very cute!
I'm actually drooling over those wonderful acorns - I don't think we get any that size over here. They're wonderful for autumn decorating.
I have given up long ago and opted for the unruly "poodle-do" - some people would die for natural curls and my life-long dream has been to be blessed with long straight hair...
Post a Comment