We've been busy moving this past weekend. My brother's things went from the cottage (which was originally his) to his new house a few miles down the road and then we went to pick up my stuff in Maastricht. Look at the state of my lovely cottage and keep your fingers crossed that by the time I crawl out of bed tomorrow morning the elves have worked their magic. Although I doubt any magic in the world could make this any better:
The living room
The other side of the living room, including Pantoef who doesn't know what the hell is happening now.
Pelle's bedroom.
My bedroom, to which I shall retire presently.
Yours overwhelmedly,
Annemarie.
25 comments:
Annemarie,
Don't worry the elves will work their magic or else you will given time. Lots of Love Patti xxx
Good luck with the unpacking, before you know it, you'll have it all done and your home will look lovely.
As long as you can find Pelle...and your stash. It looks like it will be nice when you've unpacked! We moved a couple of years ago, and I've never been so tired in my entire life, so I feel for you.
Congratulations on your new to you cottage. New beginnings are wonderful and scary and often hard work, but it will be worth it in the end!
Oh how I hate to move - all those boxes, boxes, boxes! LOL Hang in there. Hey - nice wicket trunk!!
Tanya
Had no idea you were MOVING!! Drop me an e-mail with your new address so I can send you more stuff you don't need!
Oh my goodness girl. I wish I could come and help. After moving 20 times in 35 years I am an expert at packing and unpacking. I am sure it will feel like home soon.
Didn't know you were moving! Hope the fairies come and settle things quickly ;-).
succes Annemarie! het zal fijn zijn je weer meer je eigen spulletjes te hebben, maar het bijkomende werk is minder geslaagd!
Good luck getting everything sorted.
Fijn dat jij nu je eigen spullen hebt. Wij hadden beter toch morgen kunnen komen en je helpen het allemaal weg te werken.(LOL) Voor dat je het weet is alles op orde.
Oh my goodness, Annemarie! But does this at least mean that you're possessions are back, well, in your possession again? That surely must be some relief!
The rest will sort itself out over time, never fear. :)
It's no magic needed...just work a box and a time and a piece of furniture at a time. When one corner is just right, you will be recharged and then it will become a room done before you know it! I am sure it will feel so great to have your stuff with you again. You already told me you feel so at home there but now it REALLY will be home. Is your brother's house all finished now too? Ignore all those boxes as a whole and enjoy opening the one in front of you. That really does help you to get through it all.
Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi
Hang in there Annemarie, I'm sure that in a few days it will look a lot better. I am trying hard to declutter my house and get rid of quite some paperwork, and it's like Heidi says, one box at a time. Good luck.
Ick, moving is no fun! I hope the elves help you, and I'm sure it will be great to have your stuff back.
I loved everything about Army life except for the packing and unpacking. And it always felt like home once the books were unpacked and on the shelves/in the cases!
Slow but steady wins the (unpacking) day....
Mary Eman
Now me, I hate the packing up part of moving. The unpacking was fun. Kind of like Christmas because I totally forgot what was in half the boxes. :) But then 10 years later there are still some boxes in the basement I haven't unpacked. Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder what's in them?
LOL
OH My...Good luck with the unpacking. I'm sure it will be very homey in no time at all!!!I can't wait to see the after photos.
Pantoef looks quite curious!
Take care of yourself.
Groetjes uit Canada!
A very familiar sight, one that makes me shutter and want to go running for the hills! Good luck with the unpacking, that is unless those elves completed that task.
Urgh! Moving! Unpacking boxes! Blech. Take some time to stitch to soothe your nerves. I'm behind on blog commenting, so didn't get a chance to tell you how much I love your new stitchy starts. YGG!
It looks like a lovely place and eventually you find a place for everything. Just work a little at a time. Oh and by the way, WELCOME HOME. CJ ok;-)
If you hold your stitching up just high enough, you will find that there is nothing to unpack!
What can I say but "Bon courage" - you'll need plenty of it ! But moving and unpacking have their virtues : you sometimes re-discover things you had clean forgotten about, and get rid of other things that you realise you have been using for ages...
I've just given you an award so head over to my blog to collect it.
Whew - that's a lot of boxes. Now if it was full of stitching and crafty goodness, I would be right in there to help ;-D
Post a Comment