Good day, all, and a Happy Valentine's Day to you. Hope you had a good one. I for one curled up on the couch with my beloved on my lap. It was far, far too long since we spent any quality time together, but today, with Pelle spending the afternoon with the ex, I decided enough was enough. Actually, my beloved and I didn't just sit on the couch. We... er... okay, this may be TMI for some of you, but we spent some of that quality time on the dining room table too. I couldn't help myself, couldn't stop admiring that perfect face, that long, lean body. Well. There's no body yet, but... See for yourself: I thought the love had faded a bit after all this time, but no! It's as strong as ever, and I fully intend to spend the rest of this Valentine's day in exactly the same manner as I started it. So even though I have a couple of e-mails to reply to, they will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm sure you'll understand :o))
Just in case you're relatively new to this blog and to my life: this project (Fremme's Blue Lady, aka Pistols, aka The Bird, aka Mrs. Slocombe) had been on my wish list for about ten years before I could finally clasp it to my greedy bosom. Some of the chart is easy peasy. I mean, there are only NINE colours in the entire project! It's worked with Danish Flower Thread, and big parts of it are done in half cross stitches. Other parts, however, cause me to break out in a cold sweat on quite a regular basis. The part I worked on today, for instance, required silence, serenity, and most of all, Pellelessness to get me through a mere 350 stitches. It took me about three hours to stitch that wee bit of pink hair! But oh, what joy!
Before:
After:Thank you all for your advice re. the Tulip Cornucopia. The tulip was actually the reason why this project caught my eye in the first place. But then I started to associate the cornucopia with Fall, and all I could see when I looked at my ornie was Fall. Thanksgiving. Autumn. Falling leaves. Acorns. Squirrels. Not hearts, pastels, flowery vines and birdies and chocolates and pinks and hugs and kisses. Anyhoo, I've decided this is the gift. Now if only I can drag myself to the nearest post office and send it, that would make me very happy.
And now, dear reader, the moment you have all been waiting for: the winner of the Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Club Pattern Number 33. In order to keep things fair, I asked my sweet - though still somewhat snotty and drooly - assistant to lend a hand first thing this morning.
The Preparation
The Drawing
The Opening.Congratulations, Grenae! Would you be so kind as to send me an e-mail with your snail mail address at amcdevries AT gmail DOT com? I will post the chart as soon as I can get out of the house!
Well, dear friends, thanks for stopping by. It was a joy as always, but the Pistol Bird awaits.
Yours smittenly,
Annemarie.
20 comments:
you are so brave! that picture looks HUGE!!
It'll be so nice when it's finished...and i'll make sure ya do too lol
give a valentines kiss to your sweetie for me
That was fun to read! I've never seen nor heard of the Blue Lady, but she's adorable. Can't wait to see how she progresses.
Wow, what a huge piece and now I can see why you would say you would do it on the dining room table. Hmmm. I would call it Everest. The colours all look lovely. As Sue said you are brave to tackle it!
Have fun stitching this weekend and I hope you are feeling much better.
The Blue Lady and her pink hair look fabulous. What an intriguing project. I hope to see it finished.
I love that you sometimes call her Mrs. Slocumb---hilarious.
What a delightfully fun day you've had with the Blue Lady. I had no idea the magnitude of the project until seeing it laid out on the dining table - WOW!
And what a lovely batch of pink hair it is! You've made a huge amount of progress on this . . . and yet, it looks like you might have a teensy, weensy bit left to do. No matter, I'm sure you'll have it done in record time. Looking forward to more progress.
P.S. If you can't find a wall big enough to display the completed project, you could always go for the tablecloth finish. . . . (Just how big **is** this project anyway?)
Add me to the list of people who had no idea that The Blue Lady was so big! She is a beauty, though! Love the close up pic of the progress you've made. YGG!
She is huge but I am sure gorgeous when finished! Hope Pelle is feeling much better :-).
Your Blue Lady looks great! How big will that be when it is done?
ROTFL! I hope you were having a hot date with the Blue Lady, lol. What a huuuuuge project, but she already looks so great! Enjoy your stitching weekend.
Great progress on Mrs. S's pink hair! And a perfect way to spend Valentine's Day too.
Happy Valentine's Day a day late! It sounds like a perfect day to me. Your Blue Lady is looking gorgeous. The first time I ever saw this pattern was on your blog, and I thought she was wonderful. I'll enjoy watching her come to life as you stitch her.
You had me howling with the bit about being together on the table! Is it just the approach of spring that brings these thoughts out? LOL! Anyway, back to reality, I had no idea you'd progressed so far! She's looking AMAZING. Hooray!
Annemarie,
Great work on the lovely Blue Lady. Just looking at the mountain of floss that you have on the table makes me salute you for such a huge undertaking. You go girl!
I'm glad that Pelle is feeling better and that you got some time to spend with your love.
Nothing quite like a Valentine's Day spent polishing your Pistols! Glad you had an enjoyable day. Lack-luster here, but sometimes that's better then being blinded by the glitter.
She's progressing nicely! I really love this project.
Hope Pelle had a good visit.
She is GREAT (in more than one sense...)
Hope you had a good day with her, and I hope she softened the absence of dear Pelle.
I hope Pelle is feeling much better:)
Great progress on your Pistol Bird! You are so funny!!...lol..
Congrats to Grenae!!
You are so funny! Amazing progress on this piece!
Post a Comment