Nobody Loves Me, by Moira Blackburn. Stitched with the recommended DMC colours on 30 count R&R Reproductions Old Mill Java
There are quite a few of you who said they really like this design, and I can't blame you. Now I would really like to share the joy of stitching this gorgeous, fabulous, drool-worthy sampler with you, but there is one problem: I don't want to part with it. At least, not for good. It was a birthday present from Harmien a couple of years ago, making the sampler even more special to me. So in order to spread the joy but keeping the sampler (eventually), I would like to propose a sort of alternative Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern. The rules are slightly different:
If you would like a chance to stitch Nobody Loves Me, please leave a comment on this post only, stating that you would like to become a Sister, and please leave your e-mail address so I can get in touch with you. I usually update my blog on Mondays and Thursdays (yes, really. You hadn't noticed?), so same time next week, I will draw up a list of all the people who want to stitch NLM and haul it through the Randomizer. I will then send it to the first person on the list, who will in turn send it to the next Sister on the list, until everyone has stitched it. The last Sister is then to send the chart back to me. I know, it's slightly greedy to want the chart back, but as I said, I wouldn't want to part with it for good. So, would you like to play? Then what are you waiting for?
Of course, this being Thursday, it's BBD's Rites of Spring SAL update day with Cristina, Giovanna and Karen. Since I really wanted to get something big finished (my first rather big... well, perhaps we should say medium-sized... finish of the year!), Rites of Spring got pushed aside yet again.
Before:
After:
I stitched all the birds (apart from the second swan) so if you look closely you will spot some differences between the first and the second picture. RoS is the next project on my scroll frame, which will ensure it getting finished in the foreseeable future (have you noticed I have been using the word 'foresee' quite often lately? Don't know what's up with that. I'll look into it). Apart from the fact that scroll frames RULE - as opposed to hoops and Q-snaps, which SUCK because they leave marks and damage your fabric AND your stitching [sorry, just MHO] - they leave your fabric not only damage free, but also wrinkle free. I like that a lot.
For your enjoyment, here is a picture of the projects that are going to spend some time at the framer's:
Left: Little House Needlework's The Harvesters
Top middle: The Goode Huswife's Fruitfull Clusters
Bottom middle: Jeremiah Junction's Give Thanks (slightly modified)
Right: Moira Blackburn's Nobody Loves Me.
That is going to be one nice looking sampler wall [Again: IMHO].
Yours humbly,
Annemarie.
54 comments:
Yes yes yes! I would like to be a sister lol. I love that chart. ho hum, i hope I'm not first though haha. xx
Hoera, hij is mooi!! Rites of Spring ook! Lang leve de nieuwe deadline... ;o)
Oooo, I want to play!! And eat worms, too!! I think my email is in my profile...or maybe you have it from the Neighborhood RR? Stop by my blog and let me know, otherwise.
Oh my I would love to be a sister. I am in love with this design having never sen it before. MB designs are lovely. I think it is a great idea to share this design and it never has to leave you forever.
Your finishes for the framers are great looking look forward to seeing them in the frames.
Thank you
Natasha
gbsgurl27@aol.com
Hi Annemarie,
Glad to see that you are feeling better. All the stitching looks wonderful and I look forward to seeing them framed and on your sampler wall.
Gee, now if you were drawing to give me (and just me) your GH "Fruitful Clusters" finish, I'd jump right in (though don't ever count on me to return it).
I think "Nobody Loves Me" is adorable, but I'll opt out of that drawing (sniff, sniff), mostly because (1) I don't garden, (2) I don't have a garden, and (3) I don't like worms. :-)
Love your twist on the traveling pattern, though. Have a great time with it!! In the meantime, I'll just be sitting here, anxiously awaiting a picture of your newly populated sampler wall!!
I'm opting out of the drawing too as , as you know I've done this wayyyyy back in 06, I think it was or was it 04 - anyway I digress, I love that you have finished it and yours looks amazing, can't wait to see it framed and I love all your other finishes too, PLUS I'm really happy that you are feeling loads better
((HUGS))
So glad to hear you're feeling better Annemarie! RoS is looking great, as are your lovely finishes. I can't wait to see your sampler wall, once you get them framed :)
I want to be a sister too. I think you have my email address. I am so happy you are feeling better.
Jan R in Maryland
Gorgeous finishes, all, and lovely progress on Rites of Spring. Your sampler wall will be one to be envied.
I want to play in the garden. :) Please add me to the list. (Email address is in my profile.)
You are finally feeling better!!!! Yipee~!!! That is just so awesome.
Hey, toss my name in that old hat! You never know.
Many hugs to you and happy indeed that you are on the mend.
Annemarie,
Wonderful finish! I would like to be a sister especially since my late father used to sing this verse.
Thank you for the chance.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and continue to feel better.
I would want to be in the sister thingy but knowing me it would take me too long to stitch so I'll opt out thank you very much and probably buy the chart one day for myself. I love what it says and I also love R&R 30count because they use Permin for it allowing me to stitch over one really easily. I am so off Zweigart linen it just isn't true. Shame you guys can't get the same frame we can get here in the U.K. - it is called a Grip-it frame and it leaves no marks at all and is great for smaller projects when you can't use scroll rods. I love all your projects by the way. lots of Love Patti xxx
Your finishes are really beautiful. Great job!
Your finish is fabulous!
I'd love to play - my email is elf_night@hotmail.com
Congrats on your finish!
I think you will have a fantastic looking sampler wall! Everything is so pretty. Great progress on Rites of Spring, and big congratulations on finishing the worm eating sampler.
Drooling over your finished work going to the framer! Yay!
These are all such beautiful finishes! I have to admit, you're quite the enabler. :o) I want all these now.
Ah...that will be a lovely sampler wall. And scroll frames do rule!
Add me to your list. Hopefully I won't be first in line! :D
Woot hoot great finish! It is so very pretty too!
Hooray! You get to go to the framer. It's one of my favorite places. All of your samplers are so pretty.
My, my, you have been busy ! Good for you. I understand your not wanting to part with some charts. I have just put up a second-hand market blog (2valie2@over-blog.net, just in case...) in order to reduce my stash, but I find it hard to select the patterns that will go in there.
Anyways, I take it as a good sign that you have been stitching like mad (yes, like mad !). Tomorrow is spring (as if you didn't know...), but there will be no fling (read between the lines) to welcome it. it... I am running behind. Maybe a couple of days later - who knows !
Enjoy the "feeling better" -
Love, Valérie
Annemarie, thank you for your message...
J love your Rites of spring...it's wonderful..;
Bisous and hugs
Cris
I love the picture with the four finished pieces. They are all wonderful. Looking forward to seeing them framed.
Please add me to the Sisterhood of the Travelling scheme, I can be first :) So nice of you to offer this!! This pattern is very original.
So glad you are feeling better Annemarie and what a lovely finish to celebrate.
Although I'd love to join the Sisterhood I'd better not as I have sooooooo many WIPs that need to be worked on.
Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs, Margaret
I'd also love to be included in the drawing, Annemarie. How sweet of you to offer 'round your lovely gift from Harmien.
Hey, I forgot to say yesterday how GREAT it is to hear that you're feeling better! My fingers and toes are crossed that this is just the beginning and that you'll be back to your usual healthy self in short order. :D
Looking forward to Sunday! (And yes, I'm bringing Noah - I don't want him to get too far from me again!)
Congrats on the finish! And nice progress on RoS. Can't wait to see your pictures after their visit to the framer's.
Congratulations on the lovely finish and look at you with all tthe lovely stitching waiting to be framed, I wish I had such a pile :-) Can't wait to see them all up on your wall! I am glad you are feeling better, so glad :)
I have this chart so don't enter me this time..... anyway if it came to my house it would not get back out again in a hurry. I still (very shamefully) have Gertrude Vile-Emma Voodoo thingy here from Deb (Lavender Rose). I shall have to get him/her on its way before halloween this year !!
Take care
Congrats Annemarie, this is a wonderful finish! I can't blame you for wanting the chart back :) Please don't add my name...with my tempermental mojo, who knows when I'd get it done?!?!
Love your finishes that will be heading to the framers. They are going to look stunning on your sampler wall!!!
Congratulations on your beautiful finish Annemarie!!
RoS is coming along beautifully. I think this was may favourite from the 2008 LFs:)
I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better and what a great way to celebrate- with a beautiful new finish and a new Sisterhood pattern for us all to covet! Add my name to your list, pretty please!!
Looking forwards to pics of your Sampler wall :-D
I will pass on the chart my love but what a fantastic idea!
..and how come I haven't seen you over at the BBD blog I started madam!
xoxo Sue
Beautifully done, Annemarie! I was reading farther down your blog too, and cracked up laughing at your comments on Mrs. Pearson... I'm one of Kathy's biggest fans, and I thought the same thing! And then.. I suddenly had to have it! LOL
Paulette
These are all so awesome girl!! (There's a special place in my heart for all things Jeremiah Junction)! I'm glad the stitching bug has hit you again :-)
I love your blog, you are so funny :-)
Hugs!
Did I read you are better??? Really, honest??? How is Pella doing these days? I am really out of things since everything at the hospital really made me tired. Love your finish and would love to join the sisterhood. I hope we can try and all get together soon. I would love to host the next Sip 'n Stitch...
Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi
Love all your finishes! Can't wait to see the framed pieces.
LOL, you've got a wonderful sense of humor. I love this pattern. Please count me in, too!
Sounds like you're feeling better and getting so much stitching done - hurray! Your framer will be delighted to see you with so many pieces to be framed. :)
Don't put me in the drawing, but off course I want to be a sister... to be honest I'm not a gardener (?), I'm sorry.
Love the stitching though! Your framer will be busy for a while with your projects. It's a lot you have finished. I particular like the button tree.
hope you're feeling better and Pelle is okay!
I don't need to be in the drawing, but I wanted to tell you congrats on the finish! It's really cute!
I'm glad you're feeling better! and that you have such a nice finish this week and to see all those lovely things going to the framers - your house must look beautiful.
Rites of Spring is coming along beautifully. How kind of you, in this economy, to keep the framer in business! I look forward to seeing them all done.
Nobody loves me is gorgeous, congratulations
what a neat finish. The BBD is looking great.
You don't have to add me, I have enough on my plate, lol.
I came over from sweet Barbara's blog.
I love all the designs that are going to the framer's, awesome taste in designs.
Good to see that you are doing better! I love all your finishes. They look great. I would love to be included in the "sisterhood" draw. This looks like such a fun pattern and the kelly green is calling to me like you wouldn't believe. Please include my name in the pot!
Thanks!
Beautiful finish Annemarie! I think your sampler wall will look fabulous.
I want to be a sister! LOL, I love this pattern!
That is a lovely finish.
I'm so glad you are feeling better.
Nice to see you back AnneMarie - I have missed your blog. Good idea with the chart but I will have to say no as I have too much unfinished stash to stich :)
Please add my name to the sisterhood, the more I see this the more I love it... it's calling my name LOL...
robos01(at)bigpond.com
An, What a gorgeous finish on this one!! I, too, want to be in the Sisterhood! Please count me in.... Hugs, Deb
Yes! Please add me to your list. I would love to be a Sister and have a chance to stitch this adorable sampler. Thanks so much!
lynda
lyndamarie.a@gmail.com
I know I am late joining the sisterhood but I just saw your post and that finish. I LOVE IT!!! Please add me to the sisterhood list. I would love to stitch that one up and hang it on my back door that leads to my gardens. It is perfect!
Kathy
katkiley@aol.com
Post a Comment